The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mineral wool (rock Wool
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Head

mineral wool (rock Wool

Anybody know any place online or in the DC or baltimore area to get mineral wool for a good price
Old 8th May 2006
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

out of curiosity, what are the audio applications of rockwool? I have only ever heard abbout it being used in a very different application.
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

You should check out rockwool's web site. Indeed they have many products which is suitable for sonic treatment. Although I think the topic poster should ask the same at Ethan Winer's acoustic forum. There are many very helpful people out there.
Regards Tamas Dragon
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Addict

What is the address for Sensible Sound Solutions, it isn't on their site. I am a DC metro area slut too.

Beez
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

I'm not in the DC Metro Area - I'm in St. Louis. The OP had asked about web resources also.

If you guys want to get together and do a group order for out there, I'll work with you on price.

For applications, personally, I use it exclusively for broadband bass absorbtion. Now, I only stock the heaviest density material and do so specifically for that purpose. I can get ligher densities on special order (not very popular) and can also get other thicknesses on 1 day's notice.

Bryan
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

Any Auralex dealer can get that in 2" or 4"
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Guru

bape is a great guy so I don't want to take any sales from him, but check to see if you have a spi in your area.

Glenn
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Head

alright guys I found mineral wool for 39 dollars for rock wool 48 square feet i will post the site
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Will Johns Manville IS300 work for you? In Beltsville - you can get it for .90 per square foot. http://acrinsulation.com/index.htm Ask for Alvin

Just did my whole ceiling - very very nice!
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Head

yep thats it
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Good deal.

If you can find it locally, that's always the best solution from a cost standpoint.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search