The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
M-audio 410 vs MOTU Ultralite
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

M-audio 410 vs MOTU Ultralite

I'm in the process of upgrading my desktop's interface to a MOTU Ultralite from an M-audio 410... is it worth it? will I notice a difference in sound or should I wait and save up for an RME or something?

Any info would be appreciated...
Old 6th May 2006
Gear Maniac

The jump from the M-Audio to the MOTU UltraLite won't be significant of enough of a sonic change for you to go through the trouble. I recommend you save your pennies and get an interface that will give you a serious boost in quality.
Old 6th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Hi,

don't do it if you have a PC, I did it from 1814 to traveler (beacuse of the 2 more mic preamps... how stupid...), and all I have now is a sometimes stable working system. The M audio drivers were in fact better working...

If it was not for the cue mix feature, which I use for independent monitoring of my HD recorder, I would have sold it...

now I own two audient asp 008 and do not need the mic amps, and I do not need y computer for mobile recording, where I need to rely on my system

I did a week long test of the RME fireface and it worked without any trouble.

Sound is one issue (and that is not so bad with M-audio in my opinion), but you get more pissed of, if the thing is not reliable wokring after a so called update

best

leif
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

It will sound at least as good, if not better. Also, you'll be gaining several analog inputs, and they'll be BALANCED, which the 410 lacks.
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hmm, thats what I thought, I had a weird feeling about the change... I'm going to stick with the 410 afterall, at least till I can get my hands on a Fireface 800.

Thanx for the input guys

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search