The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
You CAN have a pro home studio for 1 Grand! Condenser Microphones
Old 23rd January 2012
  #601
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboycoalminer View Post
I bought it for a kick mic. Which in that app is a beast. I no longer track live drums, (sold kit). I now only use Superior 2.0 Nashville sdx. I have used it on vox. It's not overly sibilant. I used it on lead vox on the tune below. This was from about a year ago. It's on the kick in this one as well.
That was an awesome mix, it was great until it got to the sound of the lead vocal then I wasn't a fan.

But seriously, the rest of it was second to none.

The Mic isn't my cup of tea.

But then again I have unrealistic expectations of everything
Old 23rd January 2012
  #602
Lives for gear
 
cowboycoalminer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAMD View Post

The Mic isn't my cup of tea.
Nor mine, thus the sale
Old 23rd January 2012
  #603
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboycoalminer View Post
Nor mine, thus the sale
I really like the mix, it's refreshing from what I do.. Just blast beat's and people shouting lol!

But still I love blast beat's and people shouting.
Old 23rd January 2012
  #604
Lives for gear
 
famousbass's Avatar
 

I know a few guys who's whole studio business is built around a mixing desk, a computer and massive amounts of illegally obtained software. Under a grand.
I hate dealing with them and always deflect when they call for help.
The short answer is, no, under a grand and nothing is professional anywhere you look, even 2nd hand.
Old 23rd January 2012
  #605
Lives for gear
 
cowboycoalminer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousbass View Post
I know a few guys who's whole studio business is built around a mixing desk, a computer and massive amounts of illegally obtained software. Under a grand.
I hate dealing with them and always deflect when they call for help.
The short answer is, no, under a grand and nothing is professional anywhere you look, even 2nd hand.
Here's the thing folks don't get, they can have EVERY piece of software known to man, but until they get some capacitors and IC's behind their mixes and put some voltage back in, they will still sound thin. That being said, I have purchased about 3k worth of software for convenience and workflow. Best of both worlds. Oh, and I hate a thief. If you are reading this and use cracked software, you are my enemy, a lowly bottom feeder, worse than pond scum and I despise you.
Old 23rd January 2012
  #606
Gear interested
 
Vides7's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarboy94 View Post
Just the other day I realized how great my raw recordings are starting to sound after two painful years of buying and selling sub-par mics and preamps. I decided to tally up exactly how much I have invested in my current equipment. To my surprise, I came to the conclusion that around 1 grand can purchase a setup that can yield pro recorded raw tracks, which can later be mixed and mastered by a specialized studio (and I stress the word can, provided one is a competent musician, songwriter and knows how to use that equipment). Keep in mind that I'm doing acoustic singer/songwriter type of stuff.

Here is my setup:

Focusrite ISA ONE preamp: $380 new from Ebay
Shure Sm7b: $250 used from Ebay
Oktava MK012 pencil microphone: $150 used on Ebay
EMU1212 soundcard: $150 new on Ebay
Monster XLR cable: $20
Sonar Producer 8 software: $100 new
Headphones: $60
Monitors: Used off ebay 100 bucks.

Total comes to 1250 skins.

Now go make some great recordings!
The most important are the ears all the best great set

Vides 7

Last edited by Vides7; 23rd January 2012 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: fault on writing
Old 23rd January 2012
  #607
Gear interested
 
Vides7's Avatar
 

and make great music
Old 23rd January 2012
  #608
Lives for gear
 
guitarboy94's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vides7 View Post
The most important are the ears all the best great set

Vides 7
Word!
Old 24th January 2012
  #609
Lives for gear
 
Halloween's Avatar
The op is clearly a liar.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com
Old 24th January 2012
  #610
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened Hand View Post
I think this is again getting into an argument that's not being made.

Who said it's not possible, likely or whatever to produce high quality results on so called "low end" gear? It's entirely possible. That has never been in dispute. The catch is knowing how to use it.

This thread was started on the premise that one can have a professional home studio for 1k. There are multiple problems with that assertion with regard to what it means to be "professional" or what a studio is and all that. But the OP came out originally saying that he personally was capable of recording high quality tracks with 1k of gear. He went on to say he was attempting to motivate others that they could do the same and that they shouldn't be held back by the cost of entry into recording. He was asked to display his work and then he responded that he would once it was additionally handled by other professionals through their gear and with their expertise. That's a completely different claim than the original one.

If we take this latter mode of thinking into consideration then the argument becomes: "You can have professional sounding results through a combination of the gear and skill of a team of amateurs and professionals working together to make the best sounding product." That's not even remotely the same as what was originally claimed. It's not even newsworthy. We all know that we can get a great result from home recordings that have been handled by professionals.

The additional argument that "music is about the end product" is also irrelevant. We also all know that. But this thread, this forum, this discussion is aimed at people that engage in the process of music production. Those folks are VERY concerned with the HOW, the WHAT of music creation. To motivate those folks means that when you make a claim of being able to do something, a specific claim, then you should at least show that you can do it.

We've gotten into an entire world of discussion about the status of microphones and cost versus signal topology and component design and implementation, as well as several folks that seem to take offense to the idea of the OP being asked to show what he's claiming. None of that has anything to do with the thread. It's all just peripheral discussion that beats around the bush.

The bottom line is we wanted to hear what this OP was talking about, honestly, unvarnished and he refused. So his claim is in doubt. That doesn't mean it's not possible to do. It means that he has not demonstrated his ability to do it, which leads one to ask the question: Why make a claim such as this without backing it up? What does that do for the thousands of new folks that want to desperately believe they can do what they dream of for a paltry sum of investment?

I say it misleads them and to mislead folks that are starting out on the "low end" of the gear spectrum is a great way to add to the confusion that permeates the record production community even at the very top. I for one would like to see an end to that confusion. I think it starts with simply making claims that make sense and then backing them up with simple evidence so that when people repeat (as they surely will) what you say they can point to the evidence and know they heard it with their own ears. That to me equals less nonsense to wade through later in the world of recorded audio.
So So true. I was mislead as well when i started out. As i come to better understand thing i come to realize this is almost like riding motorcycles IMO. For those who learned to ride they will understand.

I first went to riding school to learn how to ride to pass the road test. After that i rode a little crap 250cc for a year( one fall on this bike;my fault) After i had some experience i went to a 600cc; tons of seat time 3 falls all my fault, lot of race track time as well. Next i went to a 750cc actually got 2 One for the street one for the track; 2 falls( not my fault). Now i'm ready for a 1000cc (Bmw heh) for track only. Although the falling part is rather irrelevant (i think God i'm still alive) the progressive steps is what i think is important.

Nothing wrong with starting out with a 250cc bike or Art tube Mic pre, they are more forgiving when you make a mistake. Most people that start out with a 1000cc as their first bike seriously hurt themselves or worst get killed; it's not forgiving of amateur mistakes at all.Beginners don't have the skill and experience to handle such a fine piece of equipment. Just like if you put a CL1B in my hands a year ago i would have make crappy music. Not because it not a fine piece of equipment but rather i didn't have the skill to use it properly. Some experienced user can say "it's hard to make it sound bad" this is true but only in the realm of a other experienced users. just like i can say "It's had to make that R6 or GSXR 750 not go fast around the track" To other experienced user that is true but to a novice it's not. hope this makes sense

Rant over
Old 24th January 2012
  #611
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodstar57 View Post
So So true. I was mislead as well when i started out. As i come to better understand thing i come to realize this is almost like riding motorcycles IMO. For those who learned to ride they will understand.

I first went to riding school to learn how to ride to pass the road test. After that i rode a little crap 250cc for a year( one fall on this bike;my fault) After i had some experience i went to a 600cc; tons of seat time 3 falls all my fault, lot of race track time as well. Next i went to a 750cc actually got 2 One for the street one for the track; 2 falls( not my fault). Now i'm ready for a 1000cc (Bmw heh) for track only. Although the falling part is rather irrelevant (i think God i'm still alive) the progressive steps is what i think is important.

Nothing wrong with starting out with a 250cc bike or Art tube Mic pre, they are more forgiving when you make a mistake. Most people that start out with a 1000cc as their first bike seriously hurt themselves or worst get killed; it's not forgiving of amateur mistakes at all.Beginners don't have the skill and experience to handle such a fine piece of equipment. Just like if you put a CL1B in my hands a year ago i would have make crappy music. Not because it not a fine piece of equipment but rather i didn't have the skill to use it properly. Some experienced user can say "it's hard to make it sound bad" this is true but only in the realm of a other experienced users. just like i can say "It's had to make that R6 or GSXR 750 not go fast around the track" To other experienced user that is true but to a novice it's not. hope this makes sense

Rant over
In a weird way it does...
Old 24th January 2012
  #612
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodstar57 View Post
So So true. I was mislead as well when i started out. As i come to better understand thing i come to realize this is almost like riding motorcycles IMO. For those who learned to ride they will understand.

I first went to riding school to learn how to ride to pass the road test. After that i rode a little crap 250cc for a year( one fall on this bike;my fault) After i had some experience i went to a 600cc; tons of seat time 3 falls all my fault, lot of race track time as well. Next i went to a 750cc actually got 2 One for the street one for the track; 2 falls( not my fault). Now i'm ready for a 1000cc (Bmw heh) for track only. Although the falling part is rather irrelevant (i think God i'm still alive) the progressive steps is what i think is important.

Nothing wrong with starting out with a 250cc bike or Art tube Mic pre, they are more forgiving when you make a mistake. Most people that start out with a 1000cc as their first bike seriously hurt themselves or worst get killed; it's not forgiving of amateur mistakes at all.Beginners don't have the skill and experience to handle such a fine piece of equipment. Just like if you put a CL1B in my hands a year ago i would have make crappy music. Not because it not a fine piece of equipment but rather i didn't have the skill to use it properly. Some experienced user can say "it's hard to make it sound bad" this is true but only in the realm of a other experienced users. just like i can say "It's had to make that R6 or GSXR 750 not go fast around the track" To other experienced user that is true but to a novice it's not. hope this makes sense

Rant over
Now, here's the question, with all your experience in the recording industry, do you think that you could make an acceptable sounding recording of an acoustic guitar, with $1000 worth of equipment ?

In Fact, do any of the pro's on this forum think that they could do it ?. The choice of kit is your's.
Old 24th January 2012
  #613
Lives for gear
 
brianellefson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmack View Post
Now, here's the question, with all your experience in the recording industry, do you think that you could make an acceptable sounding recording of an acoustic guitar, with $1000 worth of equipment ?

In Fact, do any of the pro's on this forum think that they could do it ?. The choice of kit is your's.
Good player, on a good guitar, giving a good performance .... YES. Totally possible to end up with a great sounding recording. And mic placement doesn't cost anything.
Old 24th January 2012
  #614
Lives for gear
 
ears2thesky's Avatar
If the title of this tread were:

You CAN achieve pro results with a 1 Grand signal chain.

or

You CAN record pro tracks at home for 1 Grand.

I think there would be less argument as the assertion would be based on facts. However, it has become clear to everyone including the OP that the idea of a pro home studio for $1000 is not realistic.

This thread has degenerated into a mic comparison discussion. Let's kill it once and for all and maybe start a new thread about inexpensive mics that kick ass.

Verdict: Thread premise false.
Old 24th January 2012
  #615
Lives for gear
 
brianellefson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ears2thesky View Post
If the title of this tread were:

You CAN achieve pro results with a 1 Grand signal chain.

or

You CAN record pro tracks at home for 1 Grand.

I think there would be less argument as the assertion would be based on facts. However, it has become clear to everyone including the OP that the idea of a pro home studio for $1000 is not realistic.

This thread has degenerated into a mic comparison discussion. Let's kill it once and for all and maybe start a new thread about inexpensive mics that kick ass.

Verdict: Thread premise false.

AGREED ... on everything.

END THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th January 2012
  #616
Lives for gear
 
guitarboy94's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears2thesky View Post
If the title of this tread were:

You CAN achieve pro results with a 1 Grand signal chain.

or

You CAN record pro tracks at home for 1 Grand.

I think there would be less argument as the assertion would be based on facts. However, it has become clear to everyone including the OP that the idea of a pro home studio for $1000 is not realistic.

This thread has degenerated into a mic comparison discussion. Let's kill it once and for all and maybe start a new thread about inexpensive mics that kick ass.

Verdict: Thread premise false.
Umm...no, my friend. Where did I say that I NEEDED to have more than 1K worth of gear? Just because one indulges in finer food, doesn't mean that finer food is required for proper nourishment. For the record, I'm right at 1200 bucks of purchased gear. Sold a few items. If my concept were so ludicrous, why are there professionals here who agree with me? Until there is a 100 percent unanimous vote that a pro recording of an acoustic guitar and vocals can't be achieved on a 1K setup, the issue is open for discussion.
Old 24th January 2012
  #617
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmack View Post
Now, here's the question, with all your experience in the recording industry, do you think that you could make an acceptable sounding recording of an acoustic guitar, with $1000 worth of equipment ?

In Fact, do any of the pro's on this forum think that they could do it ?. The choice of kit is your's.
I think we look to much from the gearslut point of view. Your average joe doesn't really care about "warm tones, detailed sound" etc

If your guitar player is insanely good, even with poor equipment he will still kick ass.
While if your player is bad, no gear/studio's in the world will make him sound good.
You let 1000 people listen to these two scenario's, and see who gets more votes!
So what is "an acceptable" recording??

Pro engineers also get better sound, because they work with pro musicians, or people who care enough to pay a lot of money - that's 90% of your music right there! A musician is also mixing his part - while he's playing... so he already does the job of the sound engineer for a big part.
Old 24th January 2012
  #618
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears2thesky View Post
If the title of this tread were:

You CAN achieve pro results with a 1 Grand signal chain.

or

You CAN record pro tracks at home for 1 Grand.

I think there would be less argument as the assertion would be based on facts. However, it has become clear to everyone including the OP that the idea of a pro home studio for $1000 is not realistic.

This thread has degenerated into a mic comparison discussion. Let's kill it once and for all and maybe start a new thread about inexpensive mics that kick ass.

Verdict: Thread premise false.
I think the wording in the first post post is more relevant than the title, I quote,

"Just the other day I realized how great my raw recordings are starting to sound after two painful years of buying and selling sub-par mics and preamps. I decided to tally up exactly how much I have invested in my current equipment. To my surprise, I came to the conclusion that around 1 grand can purchase a setup that can yield pro recorded raw tracks, which can later be mixed and mastered by a specialized studio (and I stress the word can, provided one is a competent musician, songwriter and knows how to use that equipment). Keep in mind that I'm doing acoustic singer/songwriter type of stuff."

Notice the use of the word 'Can', it seems that all arguments are based on the title of the thread, and not the intentions of the OP.
Old 24th January 2012
  #619
Lives for gear
 
kidvybes's Avatar
 

...I contend the OP never really believed his own premise for this thread...

...if you look at guitarboy94's eBay account, you will see that he's sold a Rode NT1-A, an Audio-Technica AT4047SV, an Oktava MK 319 Condenser Microphone modded by JJ Audio, a Studio Projects C1, an Audio-Technica AT4040, an MXL V67 Condenser Mic (w/Oktavamod Neumann U87 Upgrade), a Shure SM58, a Sennheiser MK4, an Audio-Technica Pro 37, and is currently selling his CM-5, all within the past year...

...I mean, why purchase (just to turn around and resell) all this gear, if you really believe you're already in "Pro" territory?...

...but, on a more positive note, he has qualified as a true "gearslut"...heh
Old 24th January 2012
  #620
Lives for gear
 
mhs2xs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvybes View Post
...I contend the OP never really believed his own premise for this thread...

...if you look at guitarboy94's eBay account, you will see that he's sold a Rode NT1-A, an Audio-Technica AT4047SV, an Oktava MK 319 Condenser Microphone modded by JJ Audio, a Studio Projects C1, an Audio-Technica AT4040, an MXL V67 Condenser Mic (w/Oktavamod Neumann U87 Upgrade), a Shure SM58, a Sennheiser MK4, an Audio-Technica Pro 37, and is currently selling his CM-5, all within the past year...

...I mean, why purchase (just to turn around and resell) all this gear, if you really believe you're already in "Pro" territory?...

...but, on a more positive note, he has qualified as a true "gearslut"...heh
That, and the fact his subsequent arguments that the title of the thread is indeed correct, sometimes, maybe, what day is it now? And he'd have one decent mic locker had he kept all his "colors".
Old 24th January 2012
  #621
Lives for gear
 
guitarboy94's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvybes View Post
...I contend the OP never really believed his own premise for this thread...

...if you look at guitarboy94's eBay account, you will see that he's sold a Rode NT1-A, an Audio-Technica AT4047SV, an Oktava MK 319 Condenser Microphone modded by JJ Audio, a Studio Projects C1, an Audio-Technica AT4040, an MXL V67 Condenser Mic (w/Oktavamod Neumann U87 Upgrade), a Shure SM58, a Sennheiser MK4, an Audio-Technica Pro 37, and is currently selling his CM-5, all within the past year...

...I mean, why purchase (just to turn around and resell) all this gear, if you really believe you're already in "Pro" territory?...

...but, on a more positive note, he has qualified as a true "gearslut"...heh
But isn't it common practice for a professional recording engineer to audition various mics? Doing so doesn't mean that gear is inferior, or incapable of making a pro recording.

Truth is, I get a rush out of trying out various microphones. I buy them all at used prices. Unfortunately, I can't afford to keep all of them (I never have more than 2 mics in my possession). I take the cash earned from a previous sale and apply to testing out a new mic. I usually break even on the sales. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I'll be buying back a few of these mics at some point, just for the heck of it.

Auditioning various used mics is more of a hobby of mine, you might say. I've achieved pro results on all of these mics. I have no idea why you think that has anything do with my recording skills or whether or not I can track professionally. Butt out of my ebay business, thank you.
Old 24th January 2012
  #622
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs2xs View Post
That, and the fact his subsequent arguments that the title of the thread is indeed correct, sometimes, maybe, what day is it now? And he'd have one decent mic locker had he kept all his "colors".
I'm not quite shure (PUN!) that guitar boy realises that the thread says " You CAN have a pro home studio for under 1 Grand!".

So Guitar boy if I send you a guy with an 8 piece drum kit, two guitarist's with Mesa cabs. A bass guitarist and a wildly screaming singer, are you going to cover it for a grand? Even attempt at getting a decent recording, never the less a professional one.

If the thread says "Hi, You CAN own a pro home studio IF you only do acoustic music at home in a space that is some how acoustically ready to mix, record and master in."

I'm just going to say it once and for all, You can do pro sounding acoustic track's at home with some common sense and the right attitude (You and the Room first, Mid / Low end gear second).

But you can't have a PRO home studio for under $1K, I deal with more than just a guy and a guitar. (Not saying there is anything wrong with a guy and a guitar
Old 24th January 2012
  #623
Lives for gear
 
guitarboy94's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAMD View Post
I'm not quite shure (PUN!) that guitar boy realises that the thread says " You CAN have a pro home studio for under 1 Grand!".

So Guitar boy if I send you a guy with an 8 piece drum kit, two guitarist's with Mesa cabs. A bass guitarist and a wildly screaming singer, are you going to cover it for a grand? Even attempt at getting a decent recording, never the less a professional one.

If the thread says "Hi, You CAN own a pro home studio IF you only do acoustic music at home in a space that is some how acoustically ready to mix, record and master in."

I'm just going to say it once and for all, You can do pro sounding acoustic track's at home with some common sense and the right attitude (You and the Room first, Mid / Low end gear second).

But you can't have a PRO home studio for under $1K, I deal with more than just a guy and a guitar. (Not saying there is anything wrong with a guy and a guitar
"Hi, You CAN own a pro home studio IF you only do acoustic music at home in a space that is some how acoustically ready to mix, record and master in."

And how would all this junk fit into a subject line? Titles are catchy for a reason. Trust me, I have a degree in Marketing. Anyone who took thirty seconds to read the body of the thread would get a sense of the thread. Titles exist to catch the eye. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 24th January 2012
  #624
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarboy94 View Post
"Hi, You CAN own a pro home studio IF you only do acoustic music at home in a space that is some how acoustically ready to mix, record and master in."

And how would all this junk fit into a subject line? Titles are catchy for a reason. Trust me, I have a degree in Marketing. Anyone who took thirty seconds to read the body of the thread would get a sense of the thread. Titles exist to catch the eye. Nothing more, nothing less.
I did read the body:

Well that just makes it even worse, your not a studio at all.. Your sending it someone else to mix and master... What's the point in spending the money on gear?

You might as well go score a deal with a guy who knows how to get the tracking down 100%, it is seriously important to get the tracking right. I'd say so more than the mixing.

Why Skimp on things?

Yeah people like Beyonce track at home all the time on there API, with there own engineer. You don't need that, but if your going to start a job you might as well finish it.

There are so many pitfall's to buying your own equipment, if you really want a PRO sound.. Do it pro or give it a pro...
Old 24th January 2012
  #625
Lives for gear
 
brianellefson's Avatar
Sometimes this thread reads like we're critiquing his english paper. "Here's what you SHOULD'VE written ..."

SPOILER ALERT:
There is NO END to this. It's just become a bunch of us arguing what he should've written. I'm not gonna fight ya. I'm making a personal commitment to myself to just walk away and stop reading.
Old 24th January 2012
  #626
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianellefson View Post
Sometimes this thread reads like we're critiquing his english paper. "Here's what you SHOULD'VE written ..."

SPOILER ALERT:
There is NO END to this. It's just become a bunch of us arguing what he should've written. I'm not gonna fight ya. I'm making a personal commitment to myself to just walk away and stop reading.
It's too much like a soap opera though, you shouldn't watch it.. The other half makes you and then you want to find out how it finishes.. Even though you know it's pretty stupid heh
Old 24th January 2012
  #627
Lives for gear
 
cavern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
Agreed but what about:

Instruments
Computer
Monitors
Peanut butter sandwiches.
Not yet! i was the first poster in this thread and still want to know:
WHAT ABOUT THE PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES???
Old 24th January 2012
  #628
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
Not yet! i was the first poster in this thread and still want to know:
WHAT ABOUT THE PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES???
+10..

Also room treatment.

CIRCLES!
Old 24th January 2012
  #629
Gear addict
 
ontariomaximus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvybes View Post
...I contend the OP never really believed his own premise for this thread...

...if you look at guitarboy94's eBay account, you will see that he's sold a Rode NT1-A, an Audio-Technica AT4047SV, an Oktava MK 319 Condenser Microphone modded by JJ Audio, a Studio Projects C1, an Audio-Technica AT4040, an MXL V67 Condenser Mic (w/Oktavamod Neumann U87 Upgrade), a Shure SM58, a Sennheiser MK4, an Audio-Technica Pro 37, and is currently selling his CM-5, all within the past year...
+ the Beyer Soundstar Mark II I just received from the OP. Much better than a Rode NT3, I might like it more than the CAD M179, my current budget reference. I am resisting the urge to pull the trigger on a Sterling Audio ST77. I have a feeling I'll be giving in. I LOVE budget mics! Behringer B2 Pro comments anyone?
Old 24th January 2012
  #630
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianellefson View Post
There is NO END to this. It's just become a bunch of us arguing what he should've written.
It's not what he should have written, it's when he should have written it, which of course is sometime after he had finished one damn song. He is only guessing that his stuff will sound "pro" after it is mixed and mastered, because he hasn't done that yet.

How about even some time after this King of Ebay had decided on what gear his $1k "pro studio" even consists of? He has apparently turned over his entire rig since the thread began. Where is the common thread that he insists still runs through his "advice"? The arbitrary figure of $1000? He hasn't even stuck to that.

If someone takes it upon himself to tell others where it's at, that statement ought to be based on some experience. I am happy to drop in from time to time and remind anyone taking this thread seriously that his premise is based on nothing. No consistent suite of equipment, no experience, and no results.

Nothing.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Doublehelix / Photo diaries of recording studio construction projects
23
Jim Easton / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
9

Forum Jump
Forum Jump