The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sample rate not allowing 44.1 [emu 0204]
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Sample rate not allowing 44.1 [emu 0204]

I have an emu 0204, and I use ableton live (and am using windows 7), but it seems that I can only set sample rates above 88.2. The interface is listed to support 44.1, but I can't change it through the device's control panel while my daw is opened, and it isn't even listed as an option in ableton. I tried it in cubase with similar results.

Could it be my os? I'm gonna try installing xp, and see what happens.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Normally my DAW overrules my control panel's settings. Try to set the sample rate inside your DAW. If you can't, try to set the sample rate in your OS's sound prefs.
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Yea, that's the case in the DAW, but the weird thing is... 44.1 doesn't even show up as an option. I've got 88.2 and up to god knows how many hZ, but it's just not there... BUT if I look in the emu interface, it is an option, but one that can not be selected with my DAW open. I was messing around in the control panel audio settings with no luck, but I'll give it another go.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear
When you say your DAW open does that mean a session open? If you have a session open at 88.2 you would have to convert it to 44.1. If you start a new session, you should be able to choose 44.1.
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

switched the bit depth to 24, and it is now available..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search