The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What type of processor do I need?
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

What type of processor do I need?

Hi,

I need some advice.

I am a DJ using Virtual DJ and effects plugins to Mix tracks.

When I mix tracks together, sometimes I use parametric eq plugins to create high Q factor notch filters to eliminate certain frequency bands, and thus certain instruments/sounds (more or less) from the mix.

The problem is that its all done with plugins, and because the algorythms the plugins use are very CPU intensive, they introduce horrendous latency in the channel they are used on (like 2 whole seconds of latency).

How can I avoid this problem?

How about using an outboard digital effects processor? I would need something that I can set up multiple band stop/notch filters on, and choose the central frequency and bandwidths and q factor (steepness) of those bands. I am guessing though that digital outboard effects processors introduce latency as well?

How about an analogue eq processor? Are there such things as analgue parametric eq processors with multiple bands?

Oh, and something else, it needs to be fully automatable (preferably via MIDI).
When I went in to Guitar centre the guy suggested the Rane RPM 2 Multipprocessor. Any opinions?

Thanks.

Last edited by califauna; 17th September 2011 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: extra function required
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

how about doing to to the tracks ahead of time and saving the results, and playing those pre-effected saved tracks instead of the originals. No overhead. No shiny new gear. No out of pocket expense.
Old 17th September 2011
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
how about doing to to the tracks ahead of time and saving the results, and playing those pre-effected saved tracks instead of the originals. No overhead. No shiny new gear. No out of pocket expense.
Has to be a solution for live sets / real-time.
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickmmiami View Post

control surface is a Denon dn mc6000

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search