The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alternatives to KRK G2 Rokkit 8" with similar sound (ie. not HS80m)? Studio Monitors
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Alternatives to KRK G2 Rokkit 8" with similar sound (ie. not HS80m)?

Budget is around the KRK Rokkit 8 G2's price range. In UK money that is about £400 a pair.

There is something about the KRK's that doesn't quite gel with me - but are there monitors which sound similar with big bass and an overall warm/dark sound (but still accurate, not hifi, of course) and a 'different' midrange to the KRK.

I would like your suggestions please, and trying to get me to describe what I don't like about the KRK's will probably be fruitless because I suck at describing what I hear!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

I had the RP5's, VXT4's, and V8's...KRK does have a family sound to them...After trying out several sets I made the transition to Yamaha MSP7's...my mixes started translating almost instantly! I always had problems with bass on the KRK's. The V8's were the best of the bunch and my favorite...but they were frustrating to find good translation out of them.

Your ears and room are obviously going to be different than mine, but the MSP series is not a bad place to look.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

In that price range, I was very pleasantly surprised at how good the Mackie MR8MK2 sounded when I listened to them.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Jbl lsr2300

I got a great deal on some JBL LSR2300's [8"] and am very impressed. They are big step up from my KRK's and more like Dynaudio. My mixes are translating much easier and faster.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search