The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland vs880ex or Mbox/PT le8 Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Roland vs880ex or Mbox/PT le8

I need to add another recording platform to my setup and I'm trying to decide between these two. Currently, I use my Motif sampler/sequencer for all my recording/mixing, and have been getting by with just re-sampling my beats into one long 2 track wav file. Then saving to a memory card and transferring to my computer that way.

Lately, I've gotten into more sampling of my guitar and bass into the sampler, as well as making my own multi-sample patches like moog basses and stuff from other synths, and the problem is all these samples now take up all my RAM. So I dont have any left to resample my beats out into my computer anymore.

That's mainly why I need another platform, but also hope to get better results tracking my guitar and bass, and maybe a better mixer. So, I'm just wondering what some different opinions are on the better recorder/mixer, an mbox original/mbox 2 mini w/ PT8 le or a Roland vs 880ex? Thanks
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I should add one of the reasons I'm interested in the Roland is I've never had good exp with audio interfaces and software. Not that I dont like the sound, but I can just never get them setup right and always run into issues. Plus I'm running a Dell laptop which I hear doesnt have the best compatibility with PT. So getting the 880 is guaranteed to work, whereas the PT setup might be throwing my money out or just buying a longterm headache.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search