The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Event 20/20 Bas reviews please?
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

Event 20/20 Bas reviews please?

hi. I need good monitors. I'm actually a DJ but want to move into production shortly so I want them with that in mind. for years I've just been usign these big Yamaha Waveforces to listen to music and do my mixing, and the sound is not good for this medium-size room I'm in..

here's a pic from last year of my setup... just so you have an idea of space constraints. because of their bulky size, the Waveforces are difficult to place.. so usually I have them in each far corner of my room, the furthest away from any other rooms. in this pic from last year you can see the one in the far right corner, it's partner is on the other side of those windows .. ->

as you can see in this pic from a few weeks ago, when I mix late at night, I move the one Waveforce in close to the turntables so I dont bother people, but the sound is awful! .. the other one is in the far left corner about 10 feet away. so I will *really* benefit from proper monitors! can't wait.

I have someone offering a pair of Events for sale. very good condition.tbh I'm not sure which version. I'm waiting for him to email me back. it was either the Event or KRK Rokit 5s. I figure.. the guy selling the Rokit 5s is upgrading to Yamahas, so I'll just be in the same boat as him.. trying to sell em off, wanting something better.. so I really want the Events. my one friend says they are amazing and in his words "would make the Rokits sound like laptop speakers". I'm sure the Rokits are great for someone one a low budget, but I get the impression the Events are more professional.

what are your opinions on them? and how far should I keep them from my ears? my space is a bit cramped so I dont have much options, but I want to give them optimum placement. I'll post a full frontal pic of my setup and space when I get home.

thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search