The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buy Gear online?
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Buy Gear online?

what are some good reliable places to buy gear online that ship worldwide?
Pref with allot of brands and gear.. with competitive prices.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm sure B&H is one of them
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
Do you want cheap w/o warranty, or regular price and good reviews and such?
Old 15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

audiomidi ship worldwide.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Go with the large, well known players.
I use the following online suppliers, and have spent tens of thousands between the first two without a single return or missed package.

Sweetwater.

B&H Photo Video.

Zzounds.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Matti
Old 15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
Sweetwater
8th Street Music

I've spent thousands at both with no problems.
Old 15th September 2011
Usual suspects:
Mercenary
vintageking
dspdoctor
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

For anything I'd buy at Guitar Center, I use 8th Street Music. I've never had any issue with them (whereas Guitar Center/Musician's Friend I've had many issues, and it's rare that the person I'm talking to in person or on the phone know as much as even a beginner). At 8th Street they just seem to know their stuff and be good at their jobs, they're definitely a place I like to support.

I've never used Vintage King or Mercenary, but they seem like great places and when my budget goes up a bit more those are probably the places I'll be trying.

For now I mostly buy from Sweetwater. Talk about people knowing their stuff, I've had people there steer me away from something more expensive to get something that would better do the job I'm looking for. They're very friendly, and yes of course they do want you to spend money but they don't want you to just mindlessly blow as much as you can, you actually have a conversation with them. A few folks there have talked to me about what they've personally used for certain projects and their own personal tastes. I had an issue with a piece of gear (that was the brand's fault, not Sweetwater's) and they made the exchange hassle-free. I'm always happy buying from them.

No association with any of these places, I'm just a big believer in the experience being part of the purchase and I hate having to "put up" with buying from somewhere (and saying "man they make it hard to spend your money") when other places are really on the ball and don't leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgimbel View Post
For anything I'd buy at Guitar Center, I use 8th Street Music. I've never had any issue with them (whereas Guitar Center/Musician's Friend I've had many issues, and it's rare that the person I'm talking to in person or on the phone know as much as even a beginner). At 8th Street they just seem to know their stuff and be good at their jobs, they're definitely a place I like to support.

I've never used Vintage King or Mercenary, but they seem like great places and when my budget goes up a bit more those are probably the places I'll be trying.

For now I mostly buy from Sweetwater. Talk about people knowing their stuff, I've had people there steer me away from something more expensive to get something that would better do the job I'm looking for. They're very friendly, and yes of course they do want you to spend money but they don't want you to just mindlessly blow as much as you can, you actually have a conversation with them. A few folks there have talked to me about what they've personally used for certain projects and their own personal tastes. I had an issue with a piece of gear (that was the brand's fault, not Sweetwater's) and they made the exchange hassle-free. I'm always happy buying from them.

No association with any of these places, I'm just a big believer in the experience being part of the purchase and I hate having to "put up" with buying from somewhere (and saying "man they make it hard to spend your money") when other places are really on the ball and don't leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.

+1 for Sweetwater. I am in South Africa and things here are slow. I had no problems with them. I have also ordered from Vintage King and Guitar Centre. None of them gave me hassles but Sweetwater was most concerned about my satisfaction out of them all. They still make sure I am happy with my order. t

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search