The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone used the Buzz Audio "Potion" &/or "Essence"? I need some real world answers. 500 Series Dynamics
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Anyone used the Buzz Audio "Potion" &/or "Essence"? I need some real world answers.

I know the "Potion" is more of an old school colored compressor, and that the "Essence" is meant to be more of a transparent modern compressor... but how do they actually perform? When do you actually us them in a session (since they're mono)? I'm just curious to know how anyone who currently owns these units might be using them, and the results their getting. Also, let me know if you favor one over the other and why.

I'm getting ready to buy a 500 module from Buzz, but I can't decide which one. I need the feedback .
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

ive never tried the potion but I own and use an essence regularly. Sees most of its use for vocal tracking/mixing. sounds great on bass as well. Def recommended!
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

The essence is very transparent although it does seem to add some thickness that is very good. I love the thing. It has never massacred a vocal or sounded bad at all. Every now and then I will space out and not notice I am hitting the compressor hard. Its extremely safe and works amazingly on vocals and many other sources. I use it on bass and guitar regularly. I think it would also be the best overhead stereo comp ever. The best thing is the flexability. Most opto's can't do fast attack times. I think its a true winner and one of my most favorite pieces of gear on the planet.
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Nut

Thats great news. I place the order on tue.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search