The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Line 6 M13 ... has it 12 or 48 scenes? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Line 6 M13 ... has it 12 or 48 scenes?

I'm confused by how may scenes I can store on the M13. The manual states it has 12 scenes, but the website says 48? :

"A scene is a pedal board arrangement on your M13 Stompbox Modeler. You can create and save up to 48 different scenes. Create one for your metal band, one for your punk band, one for your Top 40 gig…you get the picture. No more tearing up Velcro® just to change one or two pedals."

Or am I totally missing something here?
I really could use storing around 20 separate song-presets for gigging.

Thanks!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Have you read the manual?
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

You have 12 scenes accessible with the 12 stomp switches, when in Scene-mode.

Furthermore you have 4 folders of scenes, each folder containing 12 scenes, current folder is selected in the setup-menu (mind you, this function was added to the firmware after the M13 first came out, if you have an old one with original firmware you may not have this).

So you can load 4x banks of 12 scenes = 48 scenes.

The scenes should also be accessible via MIDI PgmChg messages, IIRC, but I've never used the M13 in such a fashion,

cheers
LPS91
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
Have you read the manual?
Yes, I've read the manual. That's sort of implied in my question. Seems like (it's not mentioned in the manual, but I'm ever-so-thankful for your hugely useful input) there's a firmware update that bumps up the number of scenes you can select.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaulStd91 View Post
You have 12 scenes accessible with the 12 stomp switches, when in Scene-mode.

Furthermore you have 4 folders of scenes, each folder containing 12 scenes, current folder is selected in the setup-menu (mind you, this function was added to the firmware after the M13 first came out, if you have an old one with original firmware you may not have this).

So you can load 4x banks of 12 scenes = 48 scenes.

The scenes should also be accessible via MIDI PgmChg messages, IIRC, but I've never used the M13 in such a fashion,

cheers
LPS91
Thanks for that, very useful! It seems I need to update the firmware, something I'm not relishing, but should be able to figure it out.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search