The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Q-Clone vs SPL Track One, can you spot the real one? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
View Poll Results: Which one is first?
First Q-Clone (plugin) and then SPL (hardware)
0 Votes - 0%
First SPL (hardware) and then Q-Clone (plugin)
0 Votes - 0%
I honestly can't tell the difference
1 Votes - 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

Waves Q-Clone vs SPL Track One, can you spot the real one?

Okay, I tried out Q-Clone and I have to say that I really like it. Usually when I use digital EQ's they crap out and sound like s**t on extreme boosts like +10dB, so what I did was that I sent this clip to the SPL Track One channel strip and recorded it, then I sent it thru the Waves Q-Clone and recorded the result. I boosted 240hz to the max, 10khz almost to the max and high shelf to the max. The clip loops three times, first in the clip there is the original unprocessed signal, then either SPL Track One or the Q-Clone, followed by the other one. But which one is first?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/qclone.wav

The curve looked like this btw:
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

I think the first plugin sounds warmer at the 240 boost without sounding too boomy. I honestly don't know either plugin well enough to guess which is which, but I like the first one (2nd clip out of the three played) better.

I think this whole argument is moot though because the original audio clip sounds awful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search