The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sweetwater now carrying Behringer products?
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

Sweetwater now carrying Behringer products?

It looks like Sweetwater is now carrying Behringer products. Now the question becomes: does this add credibility to Behringer's products, or reduce Sweetwater's credibility? In general, I've had great experience with Sweetwater's product knowledge and customer service in the past, so I tend to think the former.

Sweetwater also offers an extended 2 year warranty on pretty much everything they sell, which would lead one to believe that they must have a decent level of confidence in Behringer's products for them to be willing to do that. Otherwise, they would be assuming a huge libability.

Behringer | Sweetwater.com
Old 12th September 2011
It does neither. They are a company trying to sell products. Period.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

That two year warranty on Behringer gear may just bankrupt Sweetwater...
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsky View Post
Sweetwater also offers an extended 2 year warranty on pretty much everything they sell, which would lead one to believe that they must have a decent level of confidence in Behringer's products for them to be willing to do that. Otherwise, they would be assuming a huge libability.

Old 12th September 2011
Gear Head

As a long time Behringer and Sweetwater fan, I was ecstatic to see this. Behringer has come a long way in quality control and they still make real deal gear at rock bottom prices. I think it means that Sweetwater has recognized this and wants to expand their product offering. A win win for everyone really.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear
Or...it shows the real state the economy is in......
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
It looks like Sweetwater is now carrying Behringer products. Now the question becomes: does this add credibility to Behringer's products, or reduce Sweetwater's credibility?
Neither. It increases Sweetwater's bottom line.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Behringer's quality has been steadily increasing year after year.
Add to that they offer some products that just kick a$s for the money. Their guitar pedals are a great value and those Behritones are cool as hell.

Good for Sweetwater and good for their customers who want Behringer product.

All this Behringer bashing is so stupid.
Old 12th September 2011
I've also used some behringee gear that was great. Their compressors and reverbs...not so much
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlanestoner View Post
It does neither. They are a company trying to sell products. Period.
If it were that simple, I think they would have been selling Behringer products all along. If nothing else, I think it shows that the folks at Sweetwater have more confidence in Behringer products today than they have in the past, which is a plus for Behringer.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by recordingrev View Post
As a long time Behringer and Sweetwater fan, I was ecstatic to see this. Behringer has come a long way in quality control and they still make real deal gear at rock bottom prices. I think it means that Sweetwater has recognized this and wants to expand their product offering. A win win for everyone really.
I agree with you here--I've always had positive experiences buying from Sweetwater, and had mostly good luck with Behringer. In fact, I've never had trouble with any Behringer gear that I've bought new. I've only had problems with used Behringer gear that I've bought off Ebay or that was classified as B-stock (yes, I've bought used Behringer gear ).

BTW, good to see you on Gearslutz. I really enjoy the blog posts on your website.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sweetwater stopped carrying Behringer products because of Behringer's lack of customer service. They replaced them with Samson. So if they're back to carrying Behri stuff they must feel comfortable with some changes Behringer has made in servicing their gear.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Behringer over 6 years through my eyes: Once bitten shame on you-Twice bitten shame on me...
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
It looks like Sweetwater is now carrying Behringer products. Now the question becomes: does this add credibility to Behringer's products, or reduce Sweetwater's credibility? In general, I've had great experience with Sweetwater's product knowledge and customer service in the past, so I tend to think the former.

neither both are decent corps their being together for sales does not hurt or help either except to help make more sales
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Like all Sweetwater "user reviews," those for Behringer products will be 100% positive.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
Like all Sweetwater "user reviews," those for Behringer products will be 100% positive.

LOL, this.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
(yes, I've bought used Behringer gear ).
Sounds like you're at a "Behringer's anonymous" meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
Those are the "sales engineer" reviews. Occasionally the user reviews can be negative.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I was surprised by this before too... especially with the narrative the SW search engine used to kick back when you plugged in the "B" word...

I have no problem with Behringer. In fact I'm in the market for an SDC or 2... this makes me feel like trying a pair of C-2s for less than I spend on dinner and beer some nights.

This might just hurt Samson's bottom line.
Old 25th February 2012
Here for the gear

behringers quality control has gone up significantly now that they have the HUUUUGGGE factory in china. i believe that since the quality control has come up to 1 out of 75 developing a problem instead of the 1 in 20 lol

also since the economy is down im sure it helps sweetwater pay the salaries of their gear loving salesmen

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search