The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best sounding pre-amp and/or audio interface under $1000 (no mics, just synths). Single-Channel Preamps
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

Best sounding pre-amp and/or audio interface under $1000 (no mics, just synths).

4 hardware synths (JD-990, Juno-60 w/ MIDI, JP-8000, Little Phatty) - all music made on these only, don't need them all plugged in at once, but two would be nice.

2 outboard effects (RE-501, Eventide Space).

HS-80M monitors, usb/firewire would be cool, using Mac OS X w/ Logic & Pro Tools.

Just need the best pre-amp for my money (hopefully it can send audio to PC, if not recommend audio interface too). Thanks.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Have you done a search?

What version of Protools?
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

If you're looking for a darker tone, I would recommend the Pre-73's w/ transformer option. If you're looking for something punchy and clear, any of the API pre's will do the trick just fine. Also looking into getting a Radial JDI or similar DI, they sound really nice when you overload the transformer.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

I know virtually nothing about interfaces/pres, searching left me pretty clueless still.

Just need to streamline all my stuff into one box or have a nice preamp to flavor something well (I guess im into happy, uplifting music, if that tells you what tone im looking for?). This is a bit of an experiment, I hear pre-amps color a synth nicely, so I'd like to hear some comparisons if anyone has so I can see what that means. I have no issue buying something and then returning it if it doesnt help me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search