The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where to get gear repaired in Melbourne? Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Head

Where to get gear repaired in Melbourne?

Hey everyone.

I have a Presonus Digimax D8 that needs servicing/repairing and I was wondering if there's anywhere anyone recommends me take it too in Melbourne Australia?

Thank you.
Old 12th September 2011
A few places are okay. I'd ring around the following and find oyt a) if they service/repair it and b) the turn-around time...

A. Technical workshop in Prahran
B. Soundworks in Ringwood
C. Logitronics in Northcote

All the best.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

Thanks mate, appreciate it.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

What about less technical repairs in Melbourne?

Also to go slightly off topic, where do you guys shop around in Melbourne? Missed out on a dbx 900 rack of 8 comps from Norwests ex hire stock.
Old 13th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael PCB View Post
What about less technical repairs in Melbourne?

Also to go slightly off topic, where do you guys shop around in Melbourne? Missed out on a dbx 900 rack of 8 comps from Norwests ex hire stock.
Less technical repairs, I try and do myself. I get Soundworks to do a lot of work for me tho. Reliable, great to deal with. They get busy.

Yikes, you did miss out! Depends what I'm buying. Soundworks for guitars.
555 Music (Hawthorn area) have got my custom recently for FX. Also lovely folks to deal with.
The Elgin St music swap shop used to be cool for S/H guitars and amps.

Old 14th September 2011
Gear Nut

Ah I have read good things about 555. I even sent a sound designer I was working with out there to buy a RNC.
And the Music Swop Shop has to be a favourite.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

I shop nearly totally online from the US, except bigger things like mic stands which i still buy online, just from Australia. It's just so much cheaper.
Old 14th September 2011
Frankly, there's a lot of great second hand gear around. I purchased a great monitor switcher, new off a local eBay shop recently. That's been a good buy.

For all my cabling, I've purchased directly from TRC (The Resource Corporation). They've soldered up looms for me...which I've had working flawlessly for a decade now. I thoroughly recommend their product (eurocable) and workmanship.

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search