The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How can I use my soundcraft compact 4/Is it worth using? Audio Interfaces
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

How can I use my soundcraft compact 4/Is it worth using?

So I bought this mixer a couple years ago and never did anything with it but would like to see if I could. Now, from what I can understand I would need a soundcard with ins and outs to take advantage of using this for a DAW.

My budget I want to stay around is 150$

I don't have wide eyed expectations for the best results, just looking for something that I record my little songs and experience little latency and pretty alright quality.

Would buying a soundcard in my price range and hooking up the mixer be a good choice? Any suggestions on cards if so?

Or would it be more advantageous to get some usb interface?

I'm building a new pc soon so I'm open to options.
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Anybody?
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I use mine to send signal from my puter to my monitors. Also for headphones, since it has two dedicated headphone mixes. It also has a mono switch which comes in very handy for reference mixing. I don't use the preamps - they're fairly eh. Kinda like a DMP3 thingee.

You'll need a soundcard - try getting a used Layla 24/96 on ebay for around $100. That will give you eight channels of decent quality AD/DA

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search