The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments Maschine Serial Number Drum Pad Controllers
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Native Instruments Maschine Serial Number

I have been looking for a good deal on Maschine for quite some time now. I finally found one, dude is selling his Maschine, with software for $250.

Heres whats up: He bought it second hand, and he said he couldn't register the serial number. It's not the educational version.

He said it only runs in demo mode. If I buy this maschine, is there a way around this SN issue ?

If so, what is it? Thanks for any help.
Old 11th September 2011
Dor
Lives for gear

You are probably out of luck if you can't register the software with a valid SN.

D
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

The owner should be able to sort things out with whoever he bought it from or get it sorted with NI. If he can't then there's nothing you can do, the original owner should have deregistered it when they sold it.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

So...

If not getting in contact with the original seller is not possible, then I am SOL is what you are saying?
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Pretty much. The original owner has to contact NI when they sell maschine to delete the license from their account so the new owner can register it.

It might be worth your guy contacting NI, or have they already? NI are pretty strict on this stuff but i guess it depends on how maschine sold, did he buy it through a dealer or from the original owner? Does he understand what's involved in the transfer process etc?
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Head

Workaround

He bought it from a guy on craigslist. Had no luck registering it, that is why he is selling it. He has the serial number but it comes up as the serial number is used.

Heck if anything, if I can't get a work around. I can sell the controller by itself on eBay to put towards getting it from a dealer, I guess.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

doesn't NI sell the software alone by itself?
it might be cheaper. might be worth asking NI
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredfmansfield View Post

He bought it from a guy on craigslist. Had no luck registering it, that is why he is selling it. He has the serial number but it comes up as the serial number is used.

Heck if anything, if I can't get a work around. I can sell the controller by itself on eBay to put towards getting it from a dealer, I guess.
I gotta wonder why the seller didn't remove the license when they sold it unless they wanted to keep the s/w? Without that license there is no workaround that I know of, i've seen people on the ni forums in a similar situation.

If you do buy it the demo only runs for 30 minutes and you can't save your work. You can't split the software and controller either. You might end up with an expensive midi controller.

The guy should try and contact whoever he bought it off, it's pretty much useless without the license.
Old 12th September 2011
Buy it New you'll save yourself alot of headaches in the end.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaP View Post
Buy it New you'll save yourself alot of headaches in the end.
This is what I ended up doing.

Someone gave me two machine rigs in the box with serial numbers. The original owner had died last year. I contacted NI about obtaining a new serial but they told me I would need a copy of the death certificate along with a letter from the next of kin transferring ownership to me. I would never even consider bothering the probably still grieving family about this. Furthermore, I asked NI If I could just purchase a new license, but they will not sell the software by itself.

After going back and forth with them, I finally said f$ck it and grabbed a fresh one from my guy at GC for around 4 and some change. Now I have 3 controllers.

You will have a better chance of parting the Red Sea than getting a new serial from them in your situation.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

you can buy a serial # from NI. How much? I didn't ask.
Old 6th October 2011
Gear Head

Figured I close this up. I got ahold of the original owner, through a little "workaround". Got the SN unregistered and got it registered in my name. Within 48 hours. Me- 1 - NI- 0

Btw. NI were VERY unhelpful with this whole situation. Had 2 people hang up on me. smh..

All good now tho.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search