The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Scarlett 8I6, a step up from Firepod? Audio Interfaces
Old 11th September 2011
Scarlett 8I6, a step up from Firepod?

I've been looking for something with better pres and conversion than my old Firepod, preferably USB. I only need one channel.

The Focusrite Scarlett 8I6 seems like it would be a cheap option. I'll be recording di guitars, bass and vocals with it.

I'm just not sure if it's actually a big enough step up from the Firepod?
Old 11th September 2011
Deleted User
I personally own a Firepod and have loved it for the last 6 years...It was such a good value and I still say it holds up against any unit in the sub $600 range...I've heard others, M-Audio, Focusrtie Saffire Pro 40, personally these all sound similar to me. If you only need one channel maybe Apogee might have something like the UNO that would be a real step up in A/D conversion. I've heard great things.
Old 12th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNMusicman View Post
I personally own a Firepod and have loved it for the last 6 years...It was such a good value and I still say it holds up against any unit in the sub $600 range...I've heard others, M-Audio, Focusrtie Saffire Pro 40, personally these all sound similar to me. If you only need one channel maybe Apogee might have something like the UNO that would be a real step up in A/D conversion. I've heard great things.
Hmm, never heard of the UNO. But Apogee makes only interfaces for mac, right? I'm using PC.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search