The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitor Management for cheap Mixers (Analog)
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikmaschine View Post
Trashing them all as garbage seems a bit harsh.
No, it seems like an opinion. Unless you've heard it for yourself, you can't really judge whether his opinion is harsh.

Should he surgar-coat his reviews just to conform more to others' views? I don't think that would help anyone seeking honest advice, as you are. You should thank him for favoring honesty over diplomacy.

JSL
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I love blind luck. Far superior to snobbery or reverse snobbery of any ilk.
I didn't know what i know now and sometimes i still wish i had that ignorance cause i was using pure instinct mixing on a pair of mordaunt short ms202s in a 16x20ft room! They weren't professional quality releases by any means, you need a good room and gear/studio for that but everything i did translated but i knew the speakers really well.

I just saw this which relates Seriously, room and monitors first.....

A few posts echo what you're saying. I think yeah if you've spent thousands on gear then yeah it would be remiss not to invest in a decent monitor controller but on a budget you have to work with what you can.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
No, it seems like an opinion. Unless you've heard it for yourself, you can't really judge whether his opinion is harsh.

Should he surgar-coat his reviews just to conform more to others' views? I don't think that would help anyone seeking honest advice, as you are. You should thank him for favoring honesty over diplomacy.

JSL
No true. I said seemed as it contradicted the reviews and user ops i've read. Perhaps i could have worded it differently. heh

Maybe they are all trash and anything below a certain price threshold is pointless when accurate monitoring is critical.

And btw i do appreciate the honesty, GS is a great source of info.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikmaschine View Post
I didn't know what i know now and sometimes i still wish i had that ignorance caus....

There is a saying I use as a sig on one of the boards... I'm more like I was when I got here than I am now.

By the way, I'm not the one who made the original comment, I was just supporting his point of view. I read it and didn't see any intended offense.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There is a saying I use as a sig on one of the boards... I'm more like I was when I got here than I am now.

By the way, I'm not the one who made the original comment, I was just supporting his point of view. I read it and didn't see any intended offense.
Man that's deep!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search