The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need help asap! Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Need help asap!

I got my Mic going into a Joe Meek oneQ...then i got a line out to my sound card, which is USB to the imac!
im picking up vocals and its all exciting n *s h i t*...but it seems that the track with the raw vox has a "bitcrusher" effect over the vocal? in the silence theres nothing but as soon as it tracks vocals it kicks in!
I tried messing with the gains, sample rate, EQ...(thats about all i think)
figured maybe, it could be a connection fault? i dont know..

any ideas to help troubleshoot would be *f u c k i n g* awesome!
its driving me insane!
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I would check all of the settings on the Joe Meek One Q. You have quite a few settings one there other than the EQ section that you have already checked. Make sure that the output is not too high/hot too (Make sure the Output boost button on the back is set to -10dbv rather than the +4db option), as well as double checking the Enhancer and compressor settings.

You can also check the channel settings in your DAW for the incoming audio and also use alternative cables to check they are not causing the issue. It could also be to do with your drivers for the sound card itself. Is all other audio playing correctly and it is just the vocal track or is anything affected?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

What level are you recording at? What does your entire gain structure look like? Does the recording look fairly dynamic, or does it look like it is brick-walled on the top and bottom of the waveform?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search