The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Carvin CG200 Opto Compressor?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear
Carvin CG200 Opto Compressor?

Hi!

While setting up the new sound system in my church tonight, someone pulled out a Carvin CG200 compressor to play around with. I hooked it up on the kick and snare and played with it for awhile, and it didn't sound too bad. We were in a full sized gym though, with no treatment...so I couldn't really dig in and tell what it was doing to the sound too much. But it compressed pretty nice from what I could make out in an echo filled gym.

Has anyone tried this thing out in the studio? Primarily for mixing? What do you think? There isn't much out there on these things as far as feedback. I'm curious to know as it's pretty cheap. I plan to borrow it at some point and test it out, but I'd like to read some reviews from users as to how you like it as a mix compressor.

Thanks!
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear
Anyone ever even heard of this thing???

heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search