The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Yeti Pro Condenser Microphones
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

Blue Yeti Pro

Does anyone know if this mic sounds good using the analog path? would this be a good choice for a recording mic? anyone have good results with it in analog? anyone think ittl sound anywhere near as good as the bluebird, baby bottle? kiwi?
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Look on Youtube for videos, some good info there..
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsi View Post
Look on Youtube for videos, some good info there..
yes ive seen the youtube vids and the spoken voice i hear on them listening at the 1080p setting sounds pretty clear and good,but theres no singing examples from the yeti PRO.... but would it be good enough for recording a song? would any of the GS members see it as quality enough to do serious vocal recording with?
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

no one knows eh? lol
Old 28th June 2012
Here for the gear
It's not LOL trust me, through USB it's pretty crap. I've one. For some reason, it sounds different on every take oO and there's a big difference with or without background track, though I'm sure that's just me.
Old 29th June 2012
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinKim View Post
It's not LOL trust me, through USB it's pretty crap. I've one. For some reason, it sounds different on every take oO and there's a big difference with or without background track, though I'm sure that's just me.
I have the regular Yeti and I think the difference ur hearing is the latency differing from session to session. Took a while for me to track it down but Im pretty sure thats the issue. It ruins performances and sounds weird. Just today I got a solid slapback echo difference on overdubs from a prior session. Cold rebooted everything and it was back to normal

The 40 minutes wasted is one thing. The replacing of inspiration + excitement with anger + frustration is hard to put a price on. Im retiring this microphone

Regards /Bo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search