The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peavey xr-1200 just died?!
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

Peavey xr-1200 just died?!

hey all,
long time lurker, just joined cuz i need help, got a peavey xr-1200 mixer that i picked up for free (hence why im posting here), it worked just fine, just minor noise in the back ground occasionally (sounded like the wind). anyways, have it hooked up to 2 peavey hundred watt mains, and a peavey sub and i have some music going through, and everything is working fine. and all of a sudden the whole mixing board just dies. it wasnt the power amp, because all lights and function on the board died. and it wasnt like a quick pop and immediate shutoff. it was like a 3 second fade of the lights and sound going out. i have replaced the fuse just in case but to no avail. i have tried several different sockets etc, and i cant get any response from the power circuit. what do you guys think, did my transformer die? what are my options here? any help would be awesome thanks
Old 7th September 2011

Unless you have a good grasp of basic electronics, you are probably better off just replacing it. If you have a weird uncle who can fix it for free as a hobby project, then maybe you have a chance....

You did say that the power amp portion still works? If so, you definitely blew out a power supply for the board (and left the high-voltage rails on the power amp alive).

-tINY

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search