The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
$7,500 budget. What should I spend it on? *Long time creeper, first time poster* Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

$7,500 budget. What should I spend it on? *Long time creeper, first time poster*

Hey Gang,

I've been a creeper around the forums for a long time, and have come to value the opinions that float around this network. Now that I've got a $7,500 budget and a bit of start up materials, I thought I'd ask the group how you think I should spend my money.

**[Stuff I've got]**
-I've got a 3.1Ghz Dual Core PC with 4 Gigs of DDR4 Ram.

-Cubase 5.1 Essentials and a bunch of plugins for my DAW

-I'm running 2 Aardvark Q10's that are Wordclocked together for my "A/D & D/A I/O" and a couple of "backup pres" [These units are via PCI Connection for up to 16 channels of 96khz sample rate. It also has a s/pdif I/O for 2 more digital channels].

-I've got a bunch of mike's already. More than enough and quite a few stereo pairs, so I'm covered there.

-I've got a lame and simple compression rack with an Alesis 3630 & an ART TCS in it. A total of 4 channels of dynamics that I connect via the inserts on the aardvark Q10.

-I started getting interested in the concept of collecting a bunch of different preamps, so I bought a "Robbie" by BLUE and 2 channel GOLD MP by ART which I changed the tubes on. I definitely appreciate the tones when I bypass my Aardvark Q10 pres by going directly in and switching to "Line".

-------------

I've been using this setup to record bands on the road and in mobile situations. We usually just mix in the box and have some amazing results during mixdown/master. That being said... I'm always looking for the next level, the next "wow factor" as Darell Sheets would say. haha.

That's why I'm here at GearSlutz. I'm here to see how everyone would spend this money given this situation to step my end product up a notch or two.

I've been seriously considering the purchase of 2 API Lunchboxes and decking them out with a bunch of pre/comp/eq modules. But what do you guys recommend? Do you think I should so something else entirely? Fire Away and tell me what you think!! Rip apart my idea and tell me what's a much better plan if you've got one. I want to hear everything and anything!!

**What I've got planned**
---------------------------
2 - API 6 slot lunchboxes
1 - Buzz Essence
1 - Elysia Xpressor 500
1 - LaChapell 583e
2 - API 512c
2 - Daking 500 Mic Pre

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts
[Remember, the budget is $7,500]
NewBlood

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search