The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer VIRTUALIZER PRO DSP2024P vs 3D FX2000 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

Behringer VIRTUALIZER PRO DSP2024P vs 3D FX2000

After reading some long posts about the V-verb rev2496 (almost impossible to get on Ebay anymore).
I just wondering if those 2 units Virtualizer pro DSP2024P and 3D FX2000 are similar, interesting or useful?

I'm looking for a short reverb for vocal on a internet radio.

Did any of You are using them, and what are your thought? should I wait to get a V-verb?
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

I owned and used a 2024 for a couple of years when I first got a little more serious about recording at home and needed some fx processing options. I like the 2024 a lot and feel it would help you in what you're trying to do. It's a little noisy for critical applications, which is why I sold mine. But for what you're doing it'll be perfect IMO.
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
I owned and used a 2024 for a couple of years when I first got a little more serious about recording at home and needed some fx processing options. I like the 2024 a lot and feel it would help you in what you're trying to do. It's a little noisy for critical applications, which is why I sold mine. But for what you're doing it'll be perfect IMO.
I am now a little bit afraid, is this "noisy" so bad?

Cannot spend more than $400, but it will be a shame to add a bad piece of equipment... my voice setup is now an Ev RE20 and Aphex 230.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

To me, the noise was too much with the 2024. For hardware I find much quieter operation with a Lexicon MPX100. I'm sure other's will have their own suggestions.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I found the 2024 to be too noisy even for live use. It has some decent sounds but its crap in that regard. You can find a used midi-verb 3 or an Alesis Wedge (which is an unbelievable unit for the money) for under $100. For less than that even a Nanoverb would meet your needs and all of these units are more reliable and way quieter than the 2024. And as already noted, a used Lex MPX100 would be fine for your requirements. Bottom line is that there's no need to spend more than $100.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Thank you so much for your advices. I am newbie on effect and reverb, and my knowledge limited to sound system installation.
If, i understand correctly the 2024 as well as 3D-2000 are not as good as V-verb.
A miniverb or mpx100 will do a better job. (following your advice started few bidding on Ebay), and waiting to get v-verb or Kurzweil rumour.

I know the subject was 2024 vs 3d, and will be glad to listen more about it, but,
What should be my next step? the Aphex 230 got effect send/return and mixer also; can this be use for a second effect on voice?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I own a virtualizer pro, the noise is there, but it's not unusable. My chief complaint is that it is kind of convoluted in it's control layout, tons of "soft knobs" that do different things depending on the effect, coherently labeling the knobs would be impossible. If you are going to set it and forget it, it might work. Set up is a bugger though, and the manual is best kept close by as it is not very intuitive. I have kept mine for a long time since it does quite a bit more than just reverb, and on rare occasions it is just the ticket. Usually for a lo fi sound or wackey effect on a fill or backing track.

The TC Electronic M350 sounds much better to me and is much easier to control. At last check they were under 200 dollars. Might be worth a look.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

+1 on the virtualizer being virtually unusable do to noise. And the 'parameter' knobs are not for everyone. But the tremolo is cool as is the pitch control. Lots of fun stuff in there.
I wouldn't get it for the reverb though.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

The bummer about the virtualizer pro (and it's subsequent brother's) is the autocomp is freakin' amazing IMO. Absolutely amazing. But there's too much noise to make it useful on any critical program material. Heck, to be honest, there's not much I do that's considered "critical" because I don't work for clients; yet still it was too noisy for me to use, so that's pretty bad. A shame really.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

By chance i got a Behringer v-verb last week from Ebay who should solve my reverb problem, now by looking at all the options and trying to re-create those trance voices so popular now, should I add a second unit such as Tc electronic M350 or Lexicon to give a delay pan or ping-pong effect?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search