The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DIGI 003R BLA SIGNATURE + MARIAN ADCON = summing problem !HELP! DAW Software
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear
DIGI 003R BLA SIGNATURE + MARIAN ADCON = summing problem !HELP!

Hi fellows!

I'm having a trouble here and I would love if you could help me understand what's going on.

I have a Marian Adcon A/D D/A converter connected in a DIGI 003R Black lion Audio Signature Series Mod ADAT Optical Output. I'm using the ADCON to output + 8 analog channels from the DIGI to my 16 channel passive summing mixer (total: 8+6=14 channels summing).

The problem is, somehow, the audio signals that come from the ADCON have less 17 dB than the ones coming from the DIGI Analog Outputs, but they're both going through the same summing. This way I have all my mixing work messed up by this dB drop, which I have to compensate in the send of the pro tools channels before the output, but the 17 dB compensation looks terrible because I need to send the "good"(digi) channels with a lower gain than I should (to prevent the material to clip digitally in the pro tools mixer), once the fades have only +12 dB option and I need some headroom for some changes I may have in the busses.

I've tried changes all cables, ins, outs and I figured out the difference is between ADCON and DIGI003 analog outs, but I don't know why, nor if it's a defective or a normal issue due to impedance difference or something else.

I need to know the reason. I need to know if changing the ADCON for another brand converter would fix this or it's BLA MOD that have a higher signal and there's nothing I can do about it.

Could somebody please, help me?!

Thanks!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search