The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anybody using UAD-2 DSP card with PT MP9? DAW Software
Old 31st August 2011
Anybody using UAD-2 DSP card with PT MP9?

I have a 2010 2.8Ghz QuadCore Mac Pro, 16GB Mmry... I use Pro Tools MP9.
Does anyone have this similar setup, Are you GS's having any issues!
I'm thinking about grabing one of these bad boys up!!!??
tutt or
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

I have the same machine and a UAD-2 card with the basics as well as the Neve 88RS and the EMT 140 plugs. Love it.
Old 31st August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic dogg View Post
I have the same machine and a UAD-2 card with the basics as well as the Neve 88RS and the EMT 140 plugs. Love it.
Not a problem with ProTools AutmcDlyCmption?
Do you use Pro Tools?
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

No. None that I am aware of . Yes I use PT9
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Music View Post
I
I'm thinking about grabing one of these bad boys up!!!??

Certainly good times for PT9 users as UA is about to drop (any day now) V6.0 with official RTAS plug-ins (no more wrappers). Also, until Sept 30th, UA is giving away up to (3) of their best UAD-2 plug-ins (EMT-250, Manley Massive Passive, Studer A-800) with every new card purchase.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Old 1st September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Buck View Post
Certainly good times for PT9 users as UA is about to drop (any day now) V6.0 with official RTAS plug-ins (no more wrappers). Also, until Sept 30th, UA is giving away up to (3) of their best UAD-2 plug-ins (EMT-250, Manley Massive Passive, Studer A-800) with every new card purchase.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
So a native plug ins from UA.. Without the card?
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

I think you'll still need the card...they don't want to wind up like Waves.
L.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
So a native plug ins from UA.. Without the card?
You will always need a DSP card. They would not be called "UAD Powered" otherwise. heh This means PT 9 users will be able to use UAD-2 plug-ins without the need for an external third party VST-RTAS wrapper. From what I've read there will also be automation improvements and better integration with AVID hardware. I think there is some posted info about it in a recent thread, on the UA Facebook page, concerning the v6.0 details.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Old 1st September 2011
Quote:
You will always need a DSP card. They would not be called "UAD Powered" otherwise. heh This means PT 9 users will be able to use UAD-2 plug-ins without the need for an external third party VST-RTAS wrapper. From what I've read there will also be automation improvements and better integration with AVID hardware. I think there is some posted info about it in a recent thread, on the UA Facebook page, concerning the v6.0 details.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
I have not been a UAD user so it harder for me to understand the software that's needed..along with the DSP cards..
Thanks for the info Billy.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Head

I am about to buy one too and everyone I asked, including UA themselves is saying it's very good with PT9.

Bonus on V6 like!
Old 1st September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollover View Post
I am about to buy one too and everyone I asked, including UA themselves is saying it's very good with PT9.

Bonus on V6 like!
So I have to have the wrapper to make it work today. If I bought it today!!??
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
So I have to have the wrapper to make it work today. If I bought it today!!??
You, my friend, have excellent timing! V6 for UAD just dropped so all you have to do is download it once you get your card home.

UAD Downloads
Old 1st September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend****** View Post
You, my friend, have excellent timing! V6 for UAD just dropped so all you have to do is download it once you get your card home.

UAD Downloads
I'm placing a order NOW!!! Thanks GS brothers!!!
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend****** View Post

UAD Downloads
Will this a retro active feature for us UAD-2 owners?? I love the UAD stuff . It simply sounds so much better than anything else. I also have a Waves package and while there are things that are cool on it, I find myself using it less and less.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic dogg View Post
Will this a retro active feature for us UAD-2 owners?? I love the UAD stuff . It simply sounds so much better than anything else. I also have a Waves package and while there are things that are cool on it, I find myself using it less and less.
Just download the latest V6, & you might want to do uninstall of v5.9 just to be safe...get a new authorization and you're up and running with some new demos to try.
L.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzo View Post
Just download the latest V6, & you might want to do uninstall of v5.9 just to be safe...get a new authorization and you're up and running with some new demos to try.
L.
Done and it is spectacular. I didnt think there was such a thing as a company that improved their product and offered it to their loyal owners at no charge.

The tracks I already had plugs on retained all that I had put on, I havent any automation in place but they say thats done too. I loved the UAD stuff before, I think its heads above most plugs, but now its almost like a veil has come off the verbs and the other plugs. Its nice to have the UA plugs in the category lists now instead of a separate wrapper.

So now I want a Quad.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just download the latest V6, & you might want to do uninstall of v5.9 just to be safe...
L.
Just FYI for any UAD users reading this, you can do "over the top" installs over an existing UAD version. That is what most longtime UAD users do. After the initial install any subsequent updates can be installed "over the top". I just installed v6.0 and it is probably the 12th consecutive UAD update I've done "over the top" since I first installed V5.0 three years ago.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just FYI for any UAD users reading this, you can do "over the top" installs over an existing UAD version. That is what most longtime UAD users do. After the initial install any subsequent updates can be installed "over the top". I just installed v6.0 and it is probably the 12th consecutive UAD update I've done "over the top" since I first installed V5.0 three years ago.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
The reason I mentioned this is these plugs are different than previous plugs given the wrapper situation...you may not need to uninstall, but given the fact that this is a different system, and it only takes a few seconds to get rid of the previous plugs, it might be prudent to start clean with this update.
L.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The reason I mentioned this is these plugs are different than previous plugs given the wrapper situation...you may not need to uninstall, but given the fact that this is a different system, and it only takes a few seconds to get rid of the previous plugs, it might be prudent to start clean with this update.
L.
Hey Lenzo,
Yeah, I was not thinking about the existing VST-RTAS wrapper for PT users. You could be right about that. It might be prudent to start clean, in this case.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search