Lexicon I-ONIX Drivers Disappear
Old 19th May 2011
Gear interested

Lexicon I-ONIX Drivers Disappear

Hi, not sure weather I'm in the right forum. But I am having some issues with my Lexicon I-ONIX U42s Drivers.

I am using a newish Macbook Pro running 10.6 with Ableton etc. Every couple of days or so my drivers for the I-Onix disappear. Causing me to re-install them. I have emailed Lexicons support but havent got much from them. I am also hearing that there is no current drivers designed for 10.6 yet. Which I find crazy... I would have thought that in my system prefs, there would be a lexicon driver icon at the bottom in the others row. But it only ever appears in the sound prefs as text, but like I said even that disappears every 2 days or so.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on figuring this one out. Anyone else had any problems with the ionix? Please some help.......

Thank you
Old 19th May 2011
Lives for gear

When you installed the drivers, did they specifically say they support your mac version?? I dont have mac experience, but i do know about drivers and if you use unreported drivers, you will have problems like your seeing, because they where never tested with your mac version.

Get a new sound card that supports your mac. Thats may be your only solution.
Maybe you need a better Firewire chipset (if the lexicon is firewire) Try using a TI FW Chipset
Old 9th August 2011
Gear interested

Same problem here with a i-onix U22 audio interface. Lexicon audio interface is dual platform. They should support iMac users.

I think this might be a compatibility problem. It looks like the i-onix driver is not liking one of the videocodecs. The ionix driver disappears when a specific codec is active by a videoplayer like QT or VLC . I think it is the VLC-player, but i'm not sure.

They should be able to use the driver simultaneously but they don't.

It's a nice interface, but this needs a fix. I hope Lexicon bring out an driver update soon.

corresponding topics:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/swi...ded-apple.html
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/mus...disappear.html

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search