The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stellar cm6 clips!! Condenser Microphones
Old 16th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Stellar cm6 clips!!

Just got my Stellar CM6 in the mail, had to write a new song and put her to use.

I used it on Vocals, Acoustic and Room mic on the drums. Sounds great on everything ive used it on so far. Here is a song i wrote, played and sang.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2727776/Chr...%20Did%20I.mp3

Vocal Chain is Stellar CM6 -> Yamaha PM2000 -> Distressor -> Daw
I put a bit of verb on it in the box.. Hope you guys enjoy the song!
Old 16th February 2011
Here for the gear

WOW! Thats about all I can say.
Old 16th February 2011
Lives for gear

Sounds great!! How would describe the differences between the CM6 and the Oktava MK-319?
Old 16th February 2011
Lives for gear

Sounds great!
Old 16th February 2011
Lives for gear

Regarding the mic - yes! Very convincing on vocal and acoustic.

I don't know everything, but you might consider simplifying the arrangement, making the instrumentation more consistent. In particular, the counterpoint part that comes in the first verse distracts from the (good, emotional, well-delivered) melody. Sounds good in verse three, once we're used to the melody. The acoustic sounds great sonically, but appears to come out of nowhere, never to return again.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Could be just me, or maybe there's something helpful there . . .

Thank you for showing what the mic can really do for those of us who've been hovering.
Old 16th February 2011
Lives for gear

Linkin Park feel - well done and performed!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 16th February 2011
Gear Head

Great! Thanks for posting, from another happy CM-6 owner!
Old 16th February 2011
Lives for gear

...very impressive!...that track is a prime example of great gear in the hands of a very talented and creative artist...well done!
Old 16th February 2011
Gear nut

very well done
i'm definitely sold on the mic
Old 17th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Regarding the mic - yes! Very convincing on vocal and acoustic.

I don't know everything, but you might consider simplifying the arrangement, making the instrumentation more consistent. In particular, the counterpoint part that comes in the first verse distracts from the (good, emotional, well-delivered) melody. Sounds good in verse three, once we're used to the melody. The acoustic sounds great sonically, but appears to come out of nowhere, never to return again.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Could be just me, or maybe there's something helpful there . . .

Thank you for showing what the mic can really do for those of us who've been hovering.
I actually was thinking the same thing, I get carried away with my guitar lead loops haha. I think im gunna come into the first verse after the chorus with just rhythm and half way through the verse start up the lead. I think that would make it more distinctive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Sounds great!! How would describe the differences between the CM6 and the Oktava MK-319?
The CM6 and Oktava sound completely different. The CM6 has a lot more high end and def sounds more airy. The Oktava actually sounds a lot more mid range based and darker. I would imagine the CM6 is more like the u67 anad the Oktava is more like a u47.

Thanks a lot for the kind words everyone!
Old 17th February 2011
Lives for gear

wow...love it, nice crisp sound and all around clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by prslespaul View Post
Just got my Stellar CM6 in the mail, had to write a new song and put her to use.

I used it on Vocals, Acoustic and Room mic on the drums. Sounds great on everything ive used it on so far. Here is a song i wrote, played and sang.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2727776/Chr...%20Did%20I.mp3

Vocal Chain is Stellar CM6 -> Yamaha PM2000 -> Distressor -> Daw
I put a bit of verb on it in the box.. Hope you guys enjoy the song!
Old 24th February 2011
Lives for gear

prslespaul (or any other CM-6 owners)...please add any new recorded files you may have...love to hear more!
Old 24th February 2011
Lives for gear

Very nice! Im waiting for the next batch to arrive to grab me 1 for sure!
Old 25th February 2011
bee
Lives for gear

Do you know what the SPL rating is on the CM6?
Old 25th February 2011
Lives for gear

Outstanding!!

Rarely do I hear good music on G/S!! I hear endless "shootouts" of music that's SO BAD and unlistenable, that I don't care what gear it was cut with!! Really! I liked the arrangement by the way, especially the bridge. Handclaps--very hip and original in this style of music. Nice.
Old 2nd March 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks guys! I just produced and tracked a local rapper if you'd like to hear. His rap and my singing the hook was through the CM-6. I really love this mic. Requires no eq on anything I've put it on so far. Of course the song isnt done its a work in progress but you get the idea.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2727776/Tre...the%20Best.mp3
Old 2nd March 2011
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Do you know what the SPL rating is on the CM6?
Anyone?
Old 2nd March 2011
Gear Head

Thumbs up

i NEED ONE OF THESE MICS. THEY'RE BACK UP ON EBAY BUT I HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY TAXES YET!! GREAT TRACKS TOO!!!!....VOCALS SOUND GREAT..
Old 2nd March 2011
Lives for gear

Ssshh. Don't tell the buffalo. They'll stampede ...
Old 2nd March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_subsonic View Post
Ssshh. Don't tell the buffalo. They'll stampede ...

oops!...too late...
Old 2nd March 2011
Gear Head

Is the stellar cm4 good too? Describe applications if you don't mind.
Old 2nd March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by playitloudpro View Post
Is the stellar cm4 good too? Describe applications if you don't mind.
...the CM-4 was offered in two versions...the stock OEM chinese version (same as the Cascade Elroy and the CAD Trion 8000)...later Peter offered a limited edition version with upgraded caps and a set of NOS tubes, for varying performance...not a bad starting point for a basic tube LDC mic...certainly not in the class of the CM-6...not even close in it's stock version...
Old 2nd March 2011
Lives for gear
Finally got my cm-6 today! Sounds pretty fantastic. Put in an e80f sounds even better......
Old 2nd March 2011
Gear Head

I must be slow cause they are none eBay again!
Old 2nd March 2011
Gear Head

This thing is starting to be a unicorn ahahahahahha!
Old 3rd March 2011
Gear Maniac

Haha thats funny! It is a rare mic it seems huh? I actually emailed the guy to tell me when they are back in stock and he just happened to have them in stock again the next day! Lucky me fuuck
Old 3rd March 2011
Gear Maniac

I miss this every time. I check every few days and it seems like each time I just miss out!
Old 3rd March 2011
Gear maniac

Well, I might as well try to one of these now too . . . haha. I should have just done it at Christmas time, but I held off.

Anyone have any spoken word samples with this mic?
Old 3rd March 2011
Gear Head

Did this tonight...

Working on a song for a tribute album for a well known 70's rock group, the engineer snipped a little vocal out (this is raw working track with a little reverb thrown on) and made an mp3, so here it is, me and my Stellar CM-6.

Michael Lee
Attached Files

c'mon2.mp3 (1.84 MB, 7129 views)

Old 3rd March 2011
Lives for gear
Nice one Michael!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search