The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has anyone tried the LittleOne 16 by Vintage Maker?
Old 19th January 2013
...that was like 30 minutes after hooking it up to the system...
...just wanted to get an impression of what it happening...
...hope you like as much as I do...

https://soundcloud.com/robstrobe/set...gleich/s-twBqD
Old 19th January 2013
Hobbs_Won
oh my bad... I saw 16 inputs... this unit doesn't look too bad...
Old 20th January 2013
Nice one, isn't it?
Old 31st March 2014
envamt
So, on one track there is no Little one 16 and on the other exact same track there is. Impressive if just a little unbelievable.
Old 30th October 2018
Here for the gear

Do yourself a favor and get one of those and you will hear everything in the mix in their own space. I have the Little One 16 with a mono switch and this was on of the best decision/buy I made for the studio. Everything from the build to communication to shipping was great. You will not regret that decision.
Old 24th July 2020
Here for the gear

I bought the little one 10 from vintage maker it has 4 switches from stereo to mono on one for 1/2 ch and 3/4 ch and 9/10 ch which is for monitor and one switch for 1/8 ch I have it hook up to my presonus studio 192 and wow excellent sound get that wide loudness and clearer sound im really impressed with my decision on getting this box and for low price cant beat that no where if u reading this thank u paul ps RBT
Old 4th August 2020
Here for the gear

So Good

I have been mixing for about 15 years now and all my mixes have been done in the box.  I work hard to get the harsh digital sound out of each track.  Using plugins like Oeksound's Soothe, UAD Studer Tape, Oxford Inflator and others to bring some analog beauty to my mixes.

I have heard about analog summing for years.  Fab Dupont highly recommended it on one of his Puremix tutorials.  But I have heard other mix engineers like Andrew Scheps say he doesn't use any analog gear when mixing.  So I was skeptical of spending my hard earned money on something that "MIGHT" work.  So I never did.  Until just recently when I came across a few Vintage Maker videos.

Actually it was the price that drew me in.  I thought that it would be worth the risk.  I mean I spent thousands of dollars on plugins that I thought would make my mixes more Analog in nature.  So what the heck.

I contacted Paul at Vintage Maker and told him my setup.  I have a UAD Apollo Quad.  He sent me all the info I needed.  He even made me my own personal visual direction sheet and custom made me a unit that would fit my needs.  I don't know how many emails we sent back and forth but a lot.

Anyway, when I got it and plugged it all up-  I was stunned.  It's like I got a whole new system.  My mixes went from trying to fix all the harsh tones to almost having to brighten some of the tracks up which is a good problem to have for me LOL.
I wish I had done it a long time ago.

It's not a mind game thing.  It really changed what I can present to my customers and to myself.  The 3d Stereo Imaging that I've heard people talk about is true (especially on the effects). The sweet warm sound makes me want to listen instead of running away from the piercing darts of a sharp lead guitar solo or female vocal. 
The customer service and the absolute transformation of my mixes is well worth the $500 I spent.  I am a believer.  Thank You Paul and Vintage Makers!!!

https://vintagemaker.net/passive-sum...apollo_summing

Last edited by blaydenz; 5th August 2020 at 11:01 AM..
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Happy With My Little One 16

A few years ago I owned a Dangerous D-Box that had 8 channels of summing alongside monitor control. I liked it, because it gave me that little bit of extra depth and detail in my mixes that you get with analogue summing, but I ended up selling it when I stopped doing audio production full time. After a few years away from mixing I have recently got back into it and was looking around for a budget summing mixer. I don't have the budget for expensive studio gear any more, but I kept all my 'good stuff', like monitors and interface from before. I saw Paul's Vintage Maker site and read a bunch on passive summing and decided to get a LittleOne 16. The process of ordering was excellent, Paul provided all the information I needed in a direct, no nonsense way, and he built the unit and sent it within 2 weeks.

Once I plugged it in to my system I was immediately happy. The mix I had been working on now had that little bit of extra 'roundness' and 'depth' that I was missing, and I could hear more detail in things like reverb tails that helped me finalize the mix.

The best thing about the LittleOne 16 is that I can run the output through different preamps to get different colouration. With the Dangerous D-Box I always thought it was a bit too 'silky' and 'slick' for my taste. I prefer my music and production to be more low-fi or 70's sounding, so it's fantastic to choose what you run your summed mix through to achieve the coloration you want. I'm not dissing Dangerous at all, their products are great quality and the D-Box monitoring was first class, its just the summing output wasn't completely to my taste.

If you have a good quality stereo preamp to run this unit through to make up the gain, then get a Little One. You'll be happy with the result.

My current production tools are; Pro Tools, UA Apollo Interface, Focal Speakers and some good quality preamps. I definitely hear a (good) difference
📝 Reply