The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Upgrading my Blue Sky MediaDesk 2.1...to what? Studio Monitors
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

Upgrading my Blue Sky MediaDesk 2.1...to what?

It's time to upgrade my home studio monitors. The trusty Blue Sky's are now relegated to my home computer which we use for playing music in the house...quite the step up from the Logitech's!!

All I'm using now for monitors are a pair of QSC K12's. They sound good, specifically with my Axefx, but I'm missing the fullness of having a sub when playing more than guitar(drums, bass, keys, synths, etc). I would just get a KSub to add to the K12's, but I think it's overkill for home use. Even just the pair of K12's are bit overkill for home use!

Ultimately, I think having a nice set of near or midfield monitors and a sub is necessary for creating a good overall mix. The Axefx is my main source for guitar so maximizing it's potential is important too. My mixes sounded pretty good with the Blue Sky's but the Axe certainly didn't...at least not as good as the K12's.

My budget is flexible but I don't need to go overboard. I'm not a professional engineer by any means but I appreciate quality.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

let me know what you end up going with. im looking for a setup similar to this. i also really need the fullness of a sub. i listen to dubstep mostly and a lot of house. so bass pretty much makes it.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Nut

Focal CMS 65 are very highly rated for their price and size.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search