The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Connecting a tc electronics konnekt 6 as a sound card for a gig, help! Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Connecting a tc electronics konnekt 6 as a sound card for a gig, help!

Hey guys - just need a bit of guidance here! I've my laptop connected to this fella via firewire. So, when it comes to connecting it to FOH, what do I need, and what else goes where?

Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Outputs go to inputs. Nothing special about it. It's probably in the interface's manual.

Your FOH guy should know what to do with it. DIs will probably be involved for long runs.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
Outputs go to inputs. Nothing special about it. It's probably in the interface's manual.

Your FOH guy should know what to do with it. DIs will probably be involved for long runs.

Yeah, but I just want to make sure I bring the right cables incase there's anything missing! So feel free to dumb down your answers...
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Ask your FOH guy. Tell him what you're bringing and ask him what you should bring along to make his life easier.

He calls the shots.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear
I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but aren't there only 2 outputs and a headphone out?

Depends on what you're doing with your laptop and the konnect 6, but generally: If your Left Output sends a mono signal, then pack a couple 1/4" instrument cables and a DI box. Usually it's the case that Left Input = Mono Output on a lot of devices. If you need to go stereo out for some reason, then just double up on everything.

Since you only have monitor outputs, it may be the case that you have a stereo balanced out and require 1/4" TRS cables.

If you need more info on basic connections, it should be in your manual along with diagrams showing you different ways to setup connections. If you don't have a manual, you can always DL a pdf from the website.

TC Electronic | Desktop Konnekt 6 Manuals
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search