The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EQ Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

EQ

Hi, I have Live plus IIEQ Pro. I mainly got IIEQ because I wanted to be able to EQ and see what's happening at the same time. It seems ok.

What I've noticed though is that what it shows is different to Ableton's Spectrum, Voxengo Span or the demo Apqualizer. With these three, if I play a simple sine tone, say C2, I get a pretty much smooth straight line going up with all three. With IIEQ , I see all sorts of unwanted frequencies either side at the bottom.

So, is IIEQ showing stuff that's not really there, or are the other 3 missing the quiet stuff (I have all 3 set to show down to about -70db)

I love the appearance of Apqualizer, but it's too CPU heavy. Certain too much to have lots of instances. Even if you turn off the analyser and the oversampling.

So I'm wondering whether to stick with IIEQ. I dont have much money but I need something reliable. What I really want is somthing accurate, low on cpu, and versatile. I could do with steep high pass to cut below 50 hz. I did try 2 IIEQ's in series for that but it didnt seem to make much difference.

edit - tried Apqualizr again just now and it wasnt using much cpu, dunno why it was before, same settings. Also tried Voxengo gliss but its a lot of dosh and I dont understand how it works. Thinking should I get Apqualizr and risk the CPU.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

What does the developer have to say about it?
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
What does the developer have to say about it?
well, I did mail them, but it was not as clear as that because I hadn't noticed at the time, I think what I said to them is that the one on the master was showing a bit different to one on a solo track. Waiting for a reply on that.

I've ordered apqualiser now anyway, always best to have a few options. It hasnt been heavy on the cpu since that one time and it reads more consistent.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyda View Post
With IIEQ , I see all sorts of unwanted frequencies either side at the bottom.
Are these at harmonics and sub-harmonics of the sine wave?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search