The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Getting new speakers Studio Monitors
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Getting new speakers

OKay my speakers just broke but its i knew it was bound to happen since the left speaker was only catching the low frequencies for quite some time now which i suspect to be a blown twitter. And then i opened up my right speaker and one of the circuit boards cracked idk how but its whatever.

I am thinking about getting 2 jbl LSR325P speaker along with a JBL MSC1 volume control and im thinking of getting the new generation Mbox. What do you think? Any suggestions??
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Also please refrain from BUMPING this topic. Thanks
Old 2nd January 2011

what kind do you have so i know not to recomend them
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos24 View Post
what kind do you have so i know not to recomend them
nothing fancy they were Samson MediaOne 4a speakers, which arent really made for music production, but they lasted quite long and help me learn while i started. Now that i am getting more in depth of learning mixing and what not, i need an upgrade for obvious reasons lol
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Lots of threads about monitors. Do a search.

Good luck.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
Lots of threads about monitors. Do a search.

Good luck.
well i did but there is no threads except for one that only MENTIONS the jbl speakers i mentioned
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNext40 View Post
well i did but there is no threads except for one that only MENTIONS the jbl speakers i mentioned
But you asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNext40 View Post
Any suggestions??
I interpreted "suggestions" to mean "ideas other than the JBLs".

Thank you for discarding my suggestion after having asked for it.

BTW, I googled "LSR325P" as well as searching on the JBL site; are you sure you're searching for the right model number?
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

TheNext40, why don't you give War a call at Zen Pro Audio. He has a great selection of monitors from low(decent ones will probably never be less expensive than "sorta low", nevertheless, he is knowledgeable and can probably fix you up with something that is a value for the dough. Good luck.thumbsupthumbsup
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny C View Post
TheNext40, why don't you give War a call at Zen Pro Audio. He has a great selection of monitors from low(decent ones will probably never be less expensive than "sorta low", nevertheless, he is knowledgeable and can probably fix you up with something that is a value for the dough. Good luck.thumbsupthumbsup
will check it out! thanks! thumbsup
Old 2nd January 2011
JBL is a fine choice.

But there will be Genelec's in your price range then too,

But i'd get some Yamaha HS50's first. They are around 150 a piece and will help you improve your mix. They are the successor of the famed NS10's. They are active have the famous white woofers and have that mid bump wich will help you to get your mids right and create some vibrant sounding mixes.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
But you asked:

I interpreted "suggestions" to mean "ideas other than the JBLs".

Thank you for discarding my suggestion after having asked for it.

BTW, I googled "LSR325P" as well as searching on the JBL site; are you sure you're searching for the right model number?
whoops lol sorry about that -_-
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
JBL is a fine choice.

But there will be Genelec's in your price range then too,

But i'd get some Yamaha HS50's first. They are around 150 a piece and will help you improve your mix. They are the successor of the famed NS10's. They are active have the famous white woofers and have that mid bump wich will help you to get your mids right and create some vibrant sounding mixes.
I was also looking at the Yamaha HS50's look pretty decent. Its between the jbl and yamahas so far im leaning on the yamahas. I work on tons of synthy stuff and i own tons of yamaha products and they never disappoint me lol
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Getting new speakers

Please no bumping!
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Getting new speakers

I wanna get a pair of those hs50m's. HOWEVER until I get acoustic treatment how well does their on board eq/room correction work?
Would it suffice until I get treatment?
Thanks.
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Addict

^
The EQ on the Yammies aren't exactly a game-changer for those of us without well-treated rooms. It still comes down to your ear, either way.

Get the monitors you guys want, regardless.
You'll get the rest figured out... hopefully sooner than later.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubixGroove View Post
^
The EQ on the Yammies aren't exactly a game-changer for those of us without well-treated rooms. It still comes down to your ear, either way.

Get the monitors you guys want, regardless.
You'll get the rest figured out... hopefully sooner than later.
exactly lol i dont want eq on my speakers. My last speakers was completely inaccurate when it came to detailed frequencies. I had to mix TONS of **** OVER AND OVER again since it didn't translate well from different computers and devices. With the hs50's they tend not to exagerate anything, which means, if you get a sexful sounding mix in those speakers, it will translate great on other ones. lol
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
They are the successor of the famed NS10's.
They aren't anything alike.

One is good, one is horrible.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search