The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Headphones: durable, closed, comfortable under $120
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Headphones: durable, closed, comfortable under $120

I need 2 pairs of headphones for broadcast type work. They need to fill these requirements:

Closed. Gotta be closed to I don't get any leakage. Or do any of you go with semi-closeds for broadcast type stuff? They're not as hot as closed's so it would nice if I could do that without leakage into the mic.

Comfortable. I wear thick-rimmed glasses and a huge head so I have had a lot of problems with cans clamping too hard over my head and giving me a.) a headache and b.) pains where my glasses sit. So I gotta find a pair with a fairly loose fit and thick pads that can "swallow" my glasses. My Denon ADH2000 are great in this respect but I can't afford a pair of those because they're 600 dollars over here. I'm thinking something around 100-120 a piece. Plus the cord is really thick and stiff which I don't really like.

Durable. They need to be really durable and heavy duty. Stuff happens you know.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search