The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear Clones Worth Taking a LOOk AT.....
Old 17th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevega View Post
Can anyone tell me some applications in which they're getting good results with the CAD M179's? It's one of the first mics I bought for my locker many years ago and I dread the sessions where I run out of other mics and have to use it.

I used to use it on vocals and as a room mic , but now that I've got a much bigger and nicer selection, I never want to go back to it. Why does it get love here? Am I missing something? Is there some secret magical application that it shines on, or do folks just like it because of what it is for the price point it is at?
I have found it to be "better" on drum overheads, guitar amps and some vocals, (both male and female) than other more expensive mics I own.

The nice thing about the M179 is that it sounds like whatever you put in front of it.

It certainly isn't the best mic for every application, but for the money, it is a great addition to my mic collection and it gets used a lot.

I also find that it, along with the two M177's I own, is very handy in a lot of live sound situations. Big band stuff, drum overheads, upright bass, etc. and if it gets dropped, rained on, filled with dust, etc. I can replace it for very little money.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search