The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Firewire interface for Backing Tracks Audio Interfaces
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Firewire interface for Backing Tracks

Hey guys,

So my motu 8pre recently went to **** for some unknown reason in the middle of a show [f*cking nightmare] and now i need to find a new interface to replace it.

I've spent a good amount of time looking through the forums to try and find and interface that suits my needs however it seems none really exist...

Here's what I need.

Must be Rack Mountable

Have good DA conversion

Be very stable with Mac

Preferably 1/2 a RU

And roughly $300/$400 USD

From the research I have done, the echo audiofire 4 seems to fit all of these criteria perfectly, except for the fact that it is not rack mountable...this is fairly annoying because rack mounting the interface enables us to just have all our gear racked up and then we just connect the firewire cable into the mac book...not rack mounting means pulling **** out of bags/boxes etc etc and taking up precious set-up time; time we really cannot afford.

Thanks in advance for any comments with advice, I'm at a fair loss :S

Cheers

Jack
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

If you need it to be a 1/2 rack how are you rack-mounting it anyway? Can't you just velcro the Audiofire 4 to a rack shelf?
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Hey mate,

I have thought about doing that however the case that houses the gear gets moved around a hell of a lot and i'm just worried the velcro won't secure the unit properly...

Essentially all I need is a unit with a couple of screw holes in the bottom similar to the holes on the bottom of our sennheiser IEM transmitters...then we could just rack it on an adapter like this : http://www.amexgrp.sk/eshop/9/42/176/big_176.jpg
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Self-adhesive velcro from a hardware store will hold like crazy, especially if the unit is surrounded by other gear. You really need to pull like crazy to get the stuff to come apart. Add to that the added resistance on the top and sides from other gear and it won't budge.

I have stuff stuck to a similar shelf using Velcro and it is very solid.
Old 30th December 2010
Here for the gear

Hey mate okay cool. Thanks for your help with this!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search