The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What interface? Audio Interfaces
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

What interface?

guys,
I had two different questions...first off I wanted to know what will be an interface suitable for a suitation where only line input to use external preamps is needed...one input...good convertors...and output for monitoring and for headphone...for recording one track at a time...
for pc...no need for eccessive extra fancy stuffs...just need something that is GOOD...going to use it with a grace 101...what will be the best option in your opinions??

now...I wanted to know is there any interface all in one that is REALLY GOOD???I mean let's say I need only one input to record one track at a time...a built in preamp is fair enough maybe a line input to expand it in the future...but most importantly quality...the price doesn't matter...
what are the best interfaces for recording one take at a time??what are the interface that has the best preamps and convertors on the market??
of course something that is better then those M-audio fast track and stuff...
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

What have you come across while searching?

Have you asked around in the High End forum?
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafi View Post
what are the interface that has the best preamps and convertors on the market??
I'v heard many say the Metric Halo ULN-8 is the best all in one solution when it comes to AD/DA and preamps quality.
But I think it's Mac only.

I'v also heard people say the Avid Omni is the best all in one solution (atleast for Pro Tools).
If there was a firewire based Omni I would have bought that.
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
What have you come across while searching?

Have you asked around in the High End forum?
I really don't think that the high end section is appropriate since high end means studio quality stuffs...and I don't think a studio use an "all-in on" solution like this...
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
I'v heard many say the Metric Halo ULN-8 is the best all in one solution when it comes to AD/DA and preamps quality.
But I think it's Mac only.

I'v also heard people say the Avid Omni is the best all in one solution (atleast for Pro Tools).
If there was a firewire based Omni I would have bought that.
hmh thanks for the info!
any other sugestions?
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafi View Post
I really don't think that the high end section is appropriate since high end means studio quality stuffs...and I don't think a studio use an "all-in on" solution like this...
You may be right. So, how about that search?
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

yess I checked it out......I found what i needed...thanks...ordering a prism orpheus soon if nothing else changes my mind...

now please answer my first question...

and I had another question...what are the best interface around the 500 to 750 maximum range that has the best preamps and converters?as I said for only one input to record one track at a time...what are the best options?I heard already focusrite sapphire 6 was quite a nice choice...yet I was looking in to spend little more...it has to be USB...non need for too much outputs...and only one preamp should be fair enough...

thanks a lot for the help you are giving me!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search