The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how do i make this stuff come together Audio Interfaces
Old 28th December 2010

how do i make this stuff come together

this is not a typical I have 500 dollars to spend thing, but rather what do I need to do to bring this together. I have a lot of gear that works sepreatly that I'd like to make work almost as one intergrated studio.

this is what I have

a tascam dm24
pro tools 001
m-audio fast track pro
usb to midi cable

plenty of decent mics
plenty of preamps
gap 73

older desktop computer
laptops (2)
netbook

*software*

pro tools le 6
reaper
acid pro 4.0
old waves native
cool edit pro only works on old machine
abelton live lite
and tons of vstis mostly free ones

**midi controllers**

akai apc 40
korg pad control
88 key weighted keyboard
25 key synth

what I been doing is building drum loops transfering to ptle via usb stick lay down real instruments and back off the usb stick to laptop to lay down synths then back again to mix and I'm losing both time and insperation this is do to the 001s lack of midi rewire and general midi playback

idealy I'd like to have some kind of live loop setup where I can toss some drum loops down record live instruments then add some vstis and vocals and carve out some quick ideas withouts tons of transfers along the way

if I can't get it all in one id like to be able to link two systems and seperate everything like they were diffrent instruments vsti loops and midi controllers having there own computer and interface and ptle like a multi track with plugins

for tracking I'd like to be able to build quickly, but also in time so I can build loops up without this I press record and run a drum machine for 4 mins type of recording, so loops will snap into place and for mixing I'd like to control my plugins with some kind of controller and my faders with the tascam

any ideas?
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

You appear to have more than enough gear to accomplish what you are looking to do. The problem may in fact be that you have too much gear and it is confusing the issue.

What you are trying to do is quite common and not difficult to accomplish. Pick a system (one interface, one computer, one DAW) and commit to it.
Old 28th December 2010
Here for the gear

Hi doulos, season's greetings from sunny singapore here.

I'm not so sure if what i do is of interests to you but here's a link to my own setup; YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I'd also suggest joining loopers delight for more on live looping.

email me [email protected] if you have any enquiries which i can hopefully be of help ya.

aldabest

Randolf Arriola

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search