The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good headphones for under $100 Studio Headphones
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrichner View Post
Sennheiser HD280 Pro. It’s right at $100, but can probably find it for cheaper.

I like mine. Also great for airplane use (I can't afford some Bose's haha). My dad was meandering through stores in NYC and kept finding em cheaper and cheaper till he found a pair new at $79.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

is the sony mdr v6 the same as the mdr v600?
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmankr View Post
The Equation RP-21's are great tracking phones at that price point.
I have these and like them quite a bit.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony M. View Post
ATH M-50
Can get these price matched at Guitar Center for $80. They sell them for $180. Get to it.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlejon View Post
is the sony mdr v6 the same as the mdr v600?
No, unfortunately. I've got a pair of the V600 here. The V6 is supposed to be the 7506 clone. The 600 is sort of a consumer/DJ grade phone with a smiley curve to it. Maybe it's me, but I've never gotten anything that translated well to other systems on it. I guess they have decent isolation, but also really noisy, creaky shells, and the pads disintegrated in a nasty way and had to be replaced. Not sure how much of that stuff carries over into the 75xx series.

FWIW, I got a pair of the ATH-M50 a while back after all the praise here and am much happier with those.

Take Care
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Can get these price matched at Guitar Center for $80. They sell them for $180. Get to it.
Link to $80 please. The cheapest I saw was $109. I am going to pick up 2 sets if I can find that $80 deal.

Thanks in advance. I have 2 sets of the Sonys 7506s and they are just too damn bright for me. I have a 2 pairs of 280s and they are really cool.

I want to try the ATH M-50 becuase I need about 24 pairs of HPs.

Got about 16 pairs of the Sony of the cheap $20 HPs from Best Buy. I think they are v150s or something like that. Time to upgrade those puppies becuase they are truely ass sounding.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonT View Post
Link to $80 please. The cheapest I saw was $109. I am going to pick up 2 sets if I can find that $80 deal.

Thanks in advance. I have 2 sets of the Sonys 7506s and they are just too damn bright for me. I have a 2 pairs of 280s and they are really cool.

Got about 16 pairs of the Sony of the cheap $20 HPs from Best Buy. I think they are v150s or something like that. Time to upgrade those puppies becuase they are truely ass sounding.
From another thread:

Quote:
So I didn't know where to put this so I figured I'd throw it in here. I was scouting for the lowest price for the ATH-M50s and found some priced at $80. I went into Guitar Center (who sell them for $180) and got them to do a price match and it was accepted.

So.

If you want a pair of these for super cheap, without fear of them being fakes or whatever now you can.

Here is the link for the price match. It took him a few minutes to make sure this a legit store but in the end it worked out.
Enjoy.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonT View Post

the sony rep told me that the same exact drivers are in the v6, the 7506 and the v600. he said the difference is basically just the enclosure. they certainly sound different, though. but the 7506 sounds more "hyped" in the high end, quite a bit. the bigger enclosure makes the bass feel boomier in the v600.
the v600's i have do not have the swivel earcup (like the dj ones)
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
From another thread:

Enjoy.
Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlejon View Post
the sony rep told me that the same exact drivers are in the v6, the 7506 and the v600. he said the difference is basically just the enclosure. they certainly sound different, though. but the 7506 sounds more "hyped" in the high end, quite a bit. the bigger enclosure makes the bass feel boomier in the v600.
the v600's i have do not have the swivel earcup (like the dj ones)
Interesting. It's amazing how the just the shape of things change the way we hear so much. Same speakers in one room might sound totally different in another.

I thought the 7506 were great for a couple of years until I started using the 280s. Anyway they are still good for tracking and thanks for the info.
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
MDR- V6's are great.

V6's are cheaper than 7506, same thing, just a different warranty.

Agreed, I bought two pairs from eBay for $45 each. They are quite nice and both pairs sound exactly the same, so the product seems relatively consistent.
Old 5th January 2011

akg k240 if your going fostex the only ones I always see in studios are the t20-40-50s
Old 16th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
So I didn't know where to put this so I figured I'd throw it in here. I was scouting for the lowest price for the ATH-M50s and found some priced at $80. I went into Guitar Center (who sell them for $180) and got them to do a price match and it was accepted.

So.

If you want a pair of these for super cheap, without fear of them being fakes or whatever now you can.

Here is the link for the price match. It took him a few minutes to make sure this a legit store but in the end it worked out.
Just ordered 3 more pairs of these and used the link that Chris provided and this time got them for Under $75 a pair!!!! This was from Musician Friends. Total with Indiana Tax was $251.31!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search