The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Snagged a fantastic equalizer for next to nothing
Old 26th December 2010
Snagged a fantastic equalizer for next to nothing

Snagged an inductor based EQ with transformers in and out for next to nothing on e-Bay. Some of the high end eqs like those made by Summit, Manley, Langevin, Old Pultecs etc. might have 3 or 4 inductors. This one has 20 inductors (stereo-10 per channel). What is it: a White 4100a. I'd always been curious about these but was told you can't use these for tracking/mixing, they're only for room equalizing Other than that, I couldn't find anybody on these forums that knew much about these. Well, I found a manual that said they are suitable for tracking/mixing so thought I'd try one. WOW! What a sweet EQ! Best sounding EQ I've ever used by far. Absolutely no phasey sounding stuff no matter how you set it. It's only got 10 non tweakable bands per channel but I've got an Orban Parametric for surgical duties. I had a $2,000 inductor based Summit EQ not long ago. The White 4100a sounds as good or better and is easier to use.
Just thought I's post this for anybody else that might be curious about these: get one, you won't regret it.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

always wonderd about these - thanks Rob!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search