The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help customizing Novation SL MKII
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

Help customizing Novation SL MKII

This is my first full midi controller. Im running Logic 9 and have it set up thru automap working the way its supposed to. I have a few concerns on things that i REALLY want it to do but couln't figure out yet.

For example, the transport mode's "stop" button when used in logic 9 stops the song AND takes it back to the beginning. Its not a customizable button in automap. Is there a way i can make it pause where i leave off instead of stop while still using automap?

Another question i have is...the 8 faders work for the first 8 faders on logic. Im sure there is a way to set which faders I want them to control? (For example, a new page that controls faders 9-16).

I'm sorry this is my first full midi controller and I was hoping I could stick with the automap rather than having to assign EVERYTHING on my own, concidering I still don't have the experience with midi to do that yet

Thanks in advance
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Head

I think the play button doubles as the pause button, that's how it is with my old novation.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear
Based on another thread here, the Remote MK2 acts differently in Logic than in Cubase. Apparently to control more channels, you use the bank buttons in Logic (I think I use the Page L/R buttons in Cubase)

Also, in Cubase, the transport stop button does not go back to the start.

DL the manual (There's 2 of them) and check out the Logic/Remote video tutorials on the Novation website. That way you can figure out the basics. Took me a couple weeks but I learned what I needed to learn.

If you haven't already, DL the latest automap pro/firmware update which has some bug fixes as well.
Old 27th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklion View Post
Based on another thread here, the Remote MK2 acts differently in Logic than in Cubase.
Would you be able to send me that thread?
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear
there are several. Just use google and search your product and add 'gearslutz' after it. But if you're trying to learn your stuff, I recommend getting to know the manual/watching the vids instead of wading through people's complaints.

That way you know your way around before finding complaints of your own

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search