The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JBL LSR2325 Monitors and comparisons? Studio Monitors
Old 25th December 2010
Here for the gear

JBL LSR2325 Monitors and comparisons?

I am an R&B/Pop singer-songwriter with no monitors right now, but I have had the Rokit 5s, and have worked in studios that had the NS-10s, M-Audio BX5s, Mackie HR8s, and Alesis MK1. Out of all of these, I liked the Mackie HR8s the best. But after researching a little, I feel my best value is going with the JBL 2325s. I just want some great sounding monitors that I can hear mixes on (I won't be mixing myself, but I will be checking mixes from other mixing engineers on them). I'd like your thoughts and suggestions...

Jared
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

I have the 2325's. Nice monitors. Big step up from some old Event 5's I had for long time.

The +/- adjustments for lows and highs is nice.

Sometimes I can't tell if the vocal is sitting just right (may be a product of my room though) so I check with my headphones.

Overall very pleased with these monitors. Plenty of bass.

Room treatment is also very important as well as the primacoustic monitor pads they sit on.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Addict

Honestly I think the Behringer 2030a/p or 2031 a/p are much better than JBL LSR2325, and the LSR2328.

After giving them a try myself, I thought they were pretty bad. I was kind of hoping they were going to be and upgrade over my 2031p's, but they sounded worse to my ears.

If you're going to be checking mixes, then you're probably going to need to treat your room. Doesn't matter which pair of monitors you buy if you're room is poor. It will make any set of monitors sound bad.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search