The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Quick cubase 5 questions
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Nut

Quick cubase 5 questions

where do audio session files save?

how do i make my vsti's save presets instead of always deleting when i re-open my session?
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Head

Sorry in advance for this fairly unhelpful post.
I would suggest you read the manual
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear
When you open up a session, it will tell you where you want to save things...where ever you set that, it will save a folder named "audio", this is why its a good practice to name your track before you start recording, because it will name it after your track name. This is why its also a good practice to make a new folder every time you start a new song.

Your VSTi's aren't saving what they're doing when you save your session? This i dunno...i've never had that problem, from SX3 to Studio 5.5, my VSTi's always open up the same when i save the session.

Now if you mean you wanna save a preset, so that when you open up a new session, you don't have to redo everything, thats different. Depending on what VSTi you're using, some of them have their own preset saving method (like most 3rd party plugs), otherwise, near the top of the window of the VSTi, there will be like a black bar that looks like a search bar almost, just to the right of there there is a button that when you push, a menu comes down. It will have a "save preset" option there. Next time you open up the VSTi, you can just click on that again, and the preset should be at the bottom of that drop down menu.

Hope that helps...the manual is good, but also quite lengthy...it has some tutorials that will take you through most of the features though, maybe when you have some free time, work through some of the tutorials, not a lot of other programs have such an in depth manual, it's well worth the read when you get the time. Otherwise come back on here if you can't find certain things in the manual...
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson89 View Post
When you open up a session, it will tell you where you want to save things...where ever you set that, it will save a folder named "audio", this is why its a good practice to name your track before you start recording, because it will name it after your track name. This is why its also a good practice to make a new folder every time you start a new song.

Your VSTi's aren't saving what they're doing when you save your session? This i dunno...i've never had that problem, from SX3 to Studio 5.5, my VSTi's always open up the same when i save the session.

Now if you mean you wanna save a preset, so that when you open up a new session, you don't have to redo everything, thats different. Depending on what VSTi you're using, some of them have their own preset saving method (like most 3rd party plugs), otherwise, near the top of the window of the VSTi, there will be like a black bar that looks like a search bar almost, just to the right of there there is a button that when you push, a menu comes down. It will have a "save preset" option there. Next time you open up the VSTi, you can just click on that again, and the preset should be at the bottom of that drop down menu.

Hope that helps...the manual is good, but also quite lengthy...it has some tutorials that will take you through most of the features though, maybe when you have some free time, work through some of the tutorials, not a lot of other programs have such an in depth manual, it's well worth the read when you get the time. Otherwise come back on here if you can't find certain things in the manual...
thanks!
Old 26th December 2010
I have asked Steinberg for support (via email) and they were quick to answer (in less than an hour).

Please tell me that your version of Cubase is not a crack....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search