The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mics at Amazon Condenser Microphones
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Mics at Amazon

For those who care:

M-Audio Sputnik $503
Amazon.com: M-Audio Sputnik Multi-Pattern Large Diaphragm Vacuum Tube Condenser Microphone: Musical Instruments

ADK A6 $155
Amazon.com: ADK Microphones A6 Class A, FET, Studio Condenser Microphone with Mounting Ring: Musical Instruments

MXL V6 was up there at $154 yesterday, but I don't see it now. Lots of other stuff too.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs2xs View Post
ADK A6 $155
Amazon.com: ADK Microphones A6 Class A, FET, Studio Condenser Microphone with Mounting Ring: Musical Instruments

MXL V6 was up there at $154 yesterday, but I don't see it now. Lots of other stuff too.
...looks like the ADK A6 may be a discontinued product:
ADK A6 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvybes View Post
...looks like the ADK A6 may be a discontinued product:
ADK A6 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

Could be, If that S-51 gets back down to $102 I may be forced to kill another couple of cnotes on a pair.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Could be, If that S-51 gets back down to $102 I may be forced to kill another couple of cnotes on a pair.
...check your PM box...I have some info you might like...
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Addict

where? here it says $621 :'(
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzit0 View Post
Must have went back off, I don't see it this morning. Amazon is funny like that if you didn't know. The ADK started out a 180 and is now down to 151 and could be gone at any moment. The MXL V6 stayed up there for a couple of weeks and made it down to 154 and it was gone a couple of days later. Keep an eye out if you're looking for one and see if they put it back on.

Amazon.com: Microphones & Accessories: Wireless Microphones, Cables, Stands, Dynamic Microphones, Condenser Microphones#

There's lots of stuff up there. Especially some SKB cases that are way cheap.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzit0 View Post
...here's one for $579 including shipping:
M-Audio Sputnik Multi-Pattern Vacuum Tube Condenser Mic - eBay (item 390274689667 end time Jan-23-11 13:41:09 PST)

...but this mic is IMHO, a much better opportunity, for a whole lot less:
Stellar CM-6 EF86/EF806 Tube Condensor Microphone - eBay (item 130461480943 end time Jan-01-11 12:33:12 PST)
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
...but this mic is IMHO, a much better opportunity, for a whole lot less:
Stellar CM-6 EF86/EF806 Tube Condensor Microphone - eBay (item 130461480943 end time Jan-01-11 12:33:12 PST)
What do you think of this, when I get a singer over here, trying Blumlein with these? Also, I expected them to get a little warmer than they do, you think I'm ok turning one over? Or should I lay them on the side when doing the Blum Pair?

Did you get a chance to listen to my pattern deal? What did you think?
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

...when you say "warmer" do you mean heat from the tube or warmth in tonality?...since the EF86 is a pentode tube wired as a triode, there is less heat generated by the tube...if you're referring to tone, working the proximity effect will be the best way to warm up the tonality on this mic, IMHO...the 6-micron 35mm capsule has great low-mid response and does not overload easily at close proximity, like many 3-micron capsules will...don't be afraid to have the singer move close with a good pop screen...

...I haven't tried Blumlein for vocals myself...I'd be curious as to what you get...laying them on the side might work best...should add dimensionality to the track...but I'm a sucker for closely miced vocals...I prefer the intimacy and presence that I can get that way...but please post your results on the other thread, I'm curious to hear the effect......
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
...when you say "warmer" do you mean heat from the tube or warmth in tonality?...since the EF86 is a pentode tube wired as a triode, there is less heat generated by the tube...if you're referring to tone, working the proximity effect will be the best way to warm up the tonality on this mic, IMHO...the 6-micron 35mm capsule has great low-mid response and does not overload easily at close proximity, like many 3-micron capsules will...don't be afraid to have the singer move close with a good pop screen...

...I haven't tried Blumlein for vocals myself...I'd be curious as to what you get...laying them on the side might work best...should add dimensionality to the track...but I'm a sucker for closely miced vocals...I prefer the intimacy and presence that I can get that way...but please post your results on the other thread, I'm curious to hear the effect......
Yes, heat warm, not tone warm. Since I'm more used to tubes in amps more so than mics, I expected some heat, but these run darn cool I've got to say. I'll see if I can get my daughter to wail into a Blumlein setup this weekend and put it in the other thread if she'll let me.

Merry Christmas brother...Talk to you later.

Mitchell
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, heat warm, not tone warm. Since I'm more used to tubes in amps more so than mics, I expected some heat, but these run darn cool I've got to say. I'll see if I can get my daughter to wail into a Blumlein setup this weekend and put it in the other thread if she'll let me.

Merry Christmas brother...Talk to you later.

Mitchell
...thanks man...Christmas Blessings to you and yours, and a Happy & Healthy 2011...
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
I saw the sputnik @ sputnik for $565

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search