The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A & H ZED-24 USB- Re Question..in's/outs. Mixers (Analog)
Old 24th December 2010

A & H ZED-24 USB- Re Question..in's/outs.

Hi,

My board crapped out and I need a replacement fast. I've never owned a board without direct outputs on each channel so I need to know how the ZED board will work for me using it's inserts: The ZED can record two tracks at once through USB but I need 8!

Seems to me that if
the ZEDs are set up like other boards, I could use the inserts to send audio to sound card on all channels, and bring them back to board via the line inputs? Will that work or not with this board?

What about using
1/4" TRS to 2X RCA in the inserts to sound card so I can leave the line inputs alone? 8 tracks recorded at once is a MUST!

I set on the A & H boards and realize the Wizard WZ3 16:2 would be a better choice but it's out of my $ range right now.

Thanks for replies!
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

I personally own a ZED r16 and I love it, just get an R16 dude - they are so fresh and the EQ is awsome, 26 tracks in and out (with some restrictions)
but theyve come way down in price. you cant beat it
Old 25th December 2010

i'd love the r16, but i can't aboard it... and i need a board that works for my situation within 4 days.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search