The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is this how this mic should sound? Condenser Microphones
Old 24th December 2010
Is this how this mic should sound?

I just did a live jam type session with a friend, and I wanted to share the rough track. Just to see if anyone can verify that my Mojave MA200 sounds good.

I haven't had it long, so if anyone has used one, or just knows good sound, let me know if this recording sounds decent.

We played live.

AT2020 on the floor tom
SM58 on the bongos
MA200 on the acoustic guitar.

drums went into a mixer, then mono into DUET
ma200 went directly from the power supply, TRS to the DUET.

pt9.
some light eq on drums, nothing else.

Thoughts?
Specifically, how does the acoustic guitar sound? It's got old strings, cheapish sound naturally.

whatlifesall'bout.mp3
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

mic sounds realy good, you should produce some good recordings with this mic...have a good day

oh and the acoustic is sounding good as well...
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

That Mojave does sound really good! Very articulate yet warm and that's always a nice combo! But did you have a blanket thrown over the floor tom? Maybe it was just how nice that mic was, but I didn't care so much for the sound from the percussion. That being said, I did like that beat. It's more populated rhythm juxtaposed the loneliness of the guitar nicely by making you more aware of just how little the guitar was actually playing. I could see this becoming a nice song one day!
Old 24th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sound View Post
That Mojave does sound really good! Very articulate yet warm and that's always a nice combo! But did you have a blanket thrown over the floor tom? Maybe it was just how nice that mic was, but I didn't care so much for the sound from the percussion. That being said, I did like that beat. It's more populated rhythm juxtaposed the loneliness of the guitar nicely by making you more aware of just how little the guitar was actually playing. I could see this becoming a nice song one day!
Thanks! You've captured this song quite well. It has a long way to go. I'm laying down some other stuff right now, toying with lyrical ideas.
It hasn't been mixed, and I'll be adding much more stuff.

The floor tom is actually a small jazz kick drum, gretsch custom, with a towel on it, yes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search