The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need Firewire and Eight Microphone Inputs Audio Interfaces
Old 23rd December 2010
Here for the gear

Need Firewire and Eight Microphone Inputs

Using PT8 and and Mbox 2 Mini. Need a firewire box with eight microphone inputs to interface with PT8. Don't mind upgrading to PT9 to do so. Sweetwater shows these possibilities:

M-Audio ProFire 2626
MOTU 8pre
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
PreSonus FireStudio Project

Recommendations? Did I overlook something?
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Maniac

i like the 2626, 2 headphone outs, octane pres, used to have the advantage of protools but not now with pt9 so i guess that changes things

since u have the mbox and have ptle that wont work with the 2626 u need m-powered, in which case you might as well get pt 9, so from what i know you pretty much have to upgrade to pt 9
Old 23rd December 2010
Here for the gear

Crossgrade to PT9 a foregone conclusions. Just a matter of when
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear
I have the profire 2626, i use it with Logic and Cubase...works great...i've got a couple of nicer pre's running into channel 1 and 2, which is nice cause the line input bypasses the pre's and they're +4.

I also have a focusrite octopre mkII dynamic running into it via lightpipe...pretty expandable. Onboard DSP mixer is pretty useful for headphone mixes as well.

Maybe crossgrade to PT9 with your mbox and then you can use the profire 2626 with 9 anyway...no point even looking at mpowered as it would probably be cheaper to crossgrade from 8le to 9 anyway....
Old 23rd December 2010
Here for the gear

I guess I should add the Lexicon I-ONIX FW810S to the mix as well. Anyone have any experience with it and PT9? l.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

I use the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, great unit. I have done some research/reading on the Lexicon unit you mentioned, didn't get favorable reviews. I would stick to your original list.
Old 23rd December 2010
Saffire Pro40 hands down. Love this thing heh
Old 23rd December 2010

Just received my Mackie Onyx Blackjack - will need to upgracde to PT9 first before I test it.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
Using PT8 and and Mbox 2 Mini. Need a firewire box with eight microphone inputs to interface with PT8. Don't mind upgrading to PT9 to do so. Sweetwater shows these possibilities:

M-Audio ProFire 2626
MOTU 8pre
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
PreSonus FireStudio Project

Recommendations? Did I overlook something?
Echo Audiofire Pre8.

Fran
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Head

i have an 8pre. i love it. very easy set up and use. havent had one problem yet. but, i would love something with slightly better converters. maybe a dedicated conversion unit would be nice. I would stay away from the presonus interfaces just because they have tons of software issues from what i have heard.
Old 24th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Guidry View Post
Echo Audiofire Pre8.

Fran
Nice review of it Echo Audiofire Pre*8

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search