The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Echo Audio Layla 3G question here Audio Interfaces
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut
Cool Echo Audio Layla 3G question here

Hi,

Thinking of buying one of these babys. Everytime I get to look at the pics of the PCI-Bus card I get to see it was assembled in 2004.
This is some time for the computer age not to mention but even in converter ages 6 years is something.

Does anyone know anything about roumors thus one being reaasembled?

When was the Layla24 assembled/introduced ?
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Nut
OK, I found ou original Layla came in 2000. So Layla 3G has already hold out way longer than the interfaces she replaced.

Realy nobody wanna chime in on this one? I guess low enders just aint no real slutz
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

The age of the converter is irrelevant. It doesn't correlate to the way other technologies may age or evolve.

Computers are complex systems subject to the evolving demands of their users, which are reflected in the development of more complex software and more robust operating systems; this is why a computer is required to "evolve" and become more powerful, pushing hardware component designers to squeeze every last drop of efficiency out of every chip in every processing stage.

An audio converter is not required to "evolve" in this way. The technological demands on it don't change, especially in today's audio world. It is designed to perform a specific task and does so very efficiently. You may outgrow it in terms of I/O or sound quality, but that is par for the course and it then becomes the responsibility of the end user to judge whether or not it is a good idea to upgrade to a higher quality unit. This does not mean that the unit in question is "outdated"; it will still perform it's functions perfectly therefore is has not gotten "old".

Case in point: look at the age of some of the most popular high-end digital clocks being used in pro studios and you'll see that they are not that recent. Conversion technology from 5-10 years ago is comparable to today's technology.

Sound quality and reliability are what you look for in a converter, not age. If it sounds good it is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Becks View Post
Realy nobody wanna chime in on this one? I guess low enders just aint no real slutz
The fact that you even felt compelled to post a new thread to find an answer to your question, which was quite amateurish by the way, is proof enough of how much of a "real slut" you are. Throwing out insults to the general community is no way to get your answer, nor is it any way to get any respect around here. The only thing you have accomplished in doing so is demonstrating your complete lack of resourcefulness and weak and selfish character.

I feel that you owe this fine forum and it's members an apology.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Nut
I think for a familization you have gotten quite harsh on me. I dint insault nobody nor was I intending to do so. What you can not see by my inferiour no of posts is that I m a good two year reader on the board. The term is not used inflationary I notice that but I did even put a smiley there. Acknoledge it or don't but your last passage serves more as an insault to my taste.

The charackter weaknesses which you suppose I have are barefaced and eventhough you express yourselve kindly they put you into a defensive position insinde the agrument. Which you shouldnt. Remember I the new guy!

Never the less you stick very unemotional to the topic which I do like.

SO here's the thing:

I revealed what my prof said heavly in mind. He was refering to digital microphones. (As you will know) Not the tranducer is digital, just the transformer of it. Conclusion was that you would not want a mic whose A/D state of the art is going to be outdated by its nature as time goes on. Now a good sounding mic will be a good sounding mic unless it breaks. Even in ten years time.

I m not weighing you out in any way here I recently scored a Layla 3G. Looking forward to use it.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search