The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Not quite low end, but relevant, RME success! Audio Interfaces
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

Not quite low end, but relevant, RME success!

Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to the board but have been creeping around for a bit. I used to post on the home recording forum years ago, but am trying to get back into posting!
Anyways, I finally purchased my first piece of real high end consumer/low end professional audio gear! I bought an RME FF800. I used to have a motu 8pre prior to this. I know there are already plenty of threads praising this piece of gear(FF800) but I mean, WOW. The high end is so clear, my recording quality is night and day now. What really sold me on this unit was the BNC connectors and the firewire 800 capability, so daisy chaining is no strain at all! I am young (just turned 21) but not new to recording. However, I have finally realized when it comes to home studios, it is SO much more worth saving up to get something like an RME, Apogee, Lynx, etc. as opposed to the instant gratification of a firepod, 8pre etc. While the 8pre is definitely usable and I still do use it via optical, the RME has to take the cake. The only qualm I have with this unit is that it has amp modeling? Haha, it doesn't sound good and options are limited, but that's the most minor of setbacks. I mean, when buying an interface one shouldn't really be concerned about amp modeling basing their decision on the interface. I digress. This thread is mostly to say hello to everyone! Moreover, that I am yet another advocate of saving money to get that extra bit of sound quality. In another studio, I use a big ben clock, pendulum audio pre's and this can definitely hold it's own against them. Not to mention most lower end audio interfaces do not have BNC for external clocking. Now I'm waiting on an ISA one and am saving up for some good microphones!
Hello gearslutz!
Sincerely,
Colin Burke
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

Aight,

I got a Fireface UC about 4 months ago and I live by it now. RME took me to a higher level too. Amazing hardware at what I would say is a reasonable price.

This coupled with the Se Electronics Gemini ii is currently getting me Seriously professional results.

Hurrah for the Germans..
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

I give a lot of kudos to the folks working at RME. Solid software. Good Hardware. Everything does what it's meant to do.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search